The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Drance & Dhaliwal : is Vancouver shopping Juolevi?

We were shopping Gads too.  Seriously, does OJ have any value?  Maybe a team that is near the bottom right n the waiver order might have interest, but those are really good teams, so why would the need OJ?  Is ?Foot in TBay a waiver guy?  Maybe we just do a one for one?  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I don’t know if they’re “shopping” Juolevi, but I’m sure they’re having discussions and would listen to offers. Don’t imagine there’s much trade value right now, if any. Not that he isn’t worthy of a mid/late pick, just I imagine any interested team will first look to nab him for free on waivers.

EDIT: I’m not saying he’s getting waived, just if I’m a GM, I’d probably wait and see.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We were shopping Gads too.  Seriously, does OJ have any value?  Maybe a team that is near the bottom right n the waiver order might have interest, but those are really good teams, so why would the need OJ?  Is ?Foot in TBay a waiver guy?  Maybe we just do a one for one?  

5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I don’t know if they’re “shopping” Juolevi, but I’m sure they’re having discussions and would listen to offers. Don’t imagine there’s much trade value right now, if any. Not that he isn’t worthy of a mid/late pick, just I imagine any interested team will first look to nab him for free on waivers.

EDIT: I’m not saying he’s getting waived, just if I’m a GM, I’d probably wait and see.

I figure his value may be someone who has already passed through waivers so the Canucks can guarantee someone of value going to Abby rather than losing Olli for nothing

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Better to get something than lose him for nothing. I still think he's solid depth though. 

I agree but I wonder if his bag skate antics kind of ostracized him. Having three offensively dynamic defensemen down the left side would make for a pretty interesting season (Hughes, OEL, Rathbone) with Schenn and Hunt as extras

I could see him moved for a Sonny Milano, Cal Fleury, Nic Meloche, or Alex Volkov type who could immediately go help Abby and be called up later if needed.

9 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

I agree but I wonder if his bag skate antics kind of ostracized him. Having three offensively dynamic defensemen down the left side would make for a pretty interesting season (Hughes, OEL, Rathbone) with Schenn and Hunt as extras

I could see him moved for a Sonny Milano, Cal Fleury, Nic Meloche, or Alex Volkov type who could immediately go help Abby and be called up later if needed.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Who's going to actually play defense on the left side?

Nevermind killing penalties.

The bag skate shouldn't have a bigger influence than what he's shown in the games. 

• Cheers 1

If they're actually not going to play him (and Hamonic is truly a no-show), I'd hope we're exploring something like Juolevi + for Manson or similar.

OEL, Myers

Hughes, Poolman

Rathbone, Manson

Hunt, Schenn/Bowey

Is a half decent D core.

Edited by aGENT