The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Drance & Dhaliwal : is Vancouver shopping Juolevi?

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If they're actually not going to play him (and Hamonic is truly a no-show), I'd hope we're exploring something like Juolevi + for Manson or similar.

OEL, Myers

Hughes, Poolman

Rathbone, Manson

Hunt, Schenn/Bowey

Is a half decent D core.

I can live with that as long as we manage to find a replacement for Hunt.

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I would consider trading him for a seocnd and give Rathbone the spot.

LMAO. No team would offer u a 2nd. His value is at its absolute lowest. Hes worth like a 5th/6th rounder at most and he needs waivers.. 

If a team offers u a 2nd, u wouldn't consider.. U would DIAL THE NHL TO CONFIRM THE TRADE

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe if we had coaches that teached systems, and how to improve yourself as a player in your position. Oh wait we do Shaw.

I'm sorry I'm really becoming pessamistic about Green and especially Baumer.

if only we had an education system that teached English. 

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If we lose Juolevi, who will be the next Canucks whipping boy?

I’ve got MacEwan lined up for whipping boy this year.  
He has always kinda sucked, but this camp has been awful.  I’d much rather have had Gads in his spot. 
So, Mac will be where I poop.  Hahaha

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

The club has discussed Juolevi as a trade chip in talks with several teams around the league, numerous industry sources confirmed to The Athletic on Friday night and Saturday morning.

The club is at the point that it’s exploring its options to find a change of scenery for Juolevi, now that it’s become apparent that the once highly touted Finnish prospect isn’t in Vancouver’s immediate plans at the NHL level this season.

The value Juolevi holds as a trade asset is minimal at this juncture, which should be obvious. He’ll have to be on waivers at 11 a.m. PT on Sunday if the Canucks plan to cut him in time to be reassigned by the Monday roster deadline.

It’s understood that if a deal can’t be found for Juolevi, the club most likely will waive him and plan to send him down to the Abbotsford Canucks of the American Hockey League.

https://theathletic.com/2878834/2021/10/09/what-were-hearing-about-olli-juolevi-and-the-canucks-plans-as-final-cuts-approach/