The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who do you think will become the Canucks new "Whipping-Boy" for the 21-22 season ?

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

I don't put too much into preseason but some lineup decisions by Green have me scratching my head. I think we'll either be in a constant playoff position or Green will be fired. If the team is not winning, Green will be the whipping boy until he's fired. (And yes, it doesn't matter that he's not a player.)

If our D:s gel and Green doesn't screw up the top 9, I think we'll have a good season though.

Probably Rathbone early on since some (the OJ fans) around here will try attribute some of the blame of him being traded away to Jack. Which is beyond dumb of course. 

But Rathbone can simply overcome this by becoming a solid fixture on our D-core. Which I think he will, sooner than later.

16 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Baumgartner until he's gone, at least for me. Green too, if the team looks like they might be in trouble by the beginning of November, I can only be so patient with a coach who can't get what's needed out of the squad we've got. 

That's it right there. Yes, we're missing 4 key guys which makes it hard for Green, but it's the same old story for 3+ years now. His systems suck and he doesn't adapt.

We have so much god damn talent on this team and it's embarrassing the results we get sometimes; especially on the PP! 

• Cheers 1

I was secretly hoping hat Yo-levi could become this years RAT in the house but now that Uncle Jim has finally admitted another failure drafting him and dumped him, it pretty well automatically defaults to BumGardener as official whipping boy for this year.

13 minutes ago, -Moose said:

That's it right there. Yes, we're missing 4 key guys which makes it hard for Green, but it's the same old story for 3+ years now. His systems suck and he doesn't adapt.

We have so much god damn talent on this team and it's embarrassing the results we get sometimes; especially on the PP! 

Injuries are unfortunately part of the game, and as Canuck fans we're very used to them impacting the lineup. Same can be said of the coaching staff. 

But the bottom line is the coach needs to get results, and throughout his tenure he hasn't done so consistently. If that doesn't change, we should be looking around to see who may be able to. Could be time for a more established guy this go round as opposed to a third rookie coach in a row.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Probably Rathbone early on since some (the OJ fans) around here will try attribute some of the blame of him being traded away to Jack. Which is beyond dumb of course. 

But Rathbone can simply overcome this by becoming a solid fixture on our D-core. Which I think he will, sooner than later.

I like Rathbone but I could see him getting some heat if he makes continuous defensive errors.  I like Rathbone's offensive upside but his defense needs a lot of work.  It's one of the reasons why I would have preferred to see him log big minutes in Abby, but oh well.  By merit, Rathbone definitely earned a spot on the team and so it might have been an injustice to select Juolevi over Bone......particularly if the Canucks, philosophically, believe in a merit-based system.  Rathbone definitely needs work on his defensive play however.  Bone might be better than OJ overall, but OJ was a bit more developed on the defensive side of things and positioning than Bone.  At least as it stands right now. 

• Cheers 1

I think Green will be my Whipping boy this season.  Its easy to blame Green for all losses and “Too many men penalties” are an easy gateway too Green hate.

Myers I actually think will be solid this season.

Luke Schenn i think could be the OMG why is he playing in this league guy…but i hope not.

Edited by HockeyHarry

1/ I object to the expression "whipping boy". It drums up images of racist southern slave owners who were allowed to whip their slaves for deeds that they deemed to be punishable...no judge or jury, just ol' fashioned slave owner justice.

2/ Now having said that, my whipping boy this year will be OEL...too much cash for what he will bring.

SIGNED / typical whiny protesting millennial hypocrite

(I'm actually a GEN-Xer...just trying my best impression of a GEN-Y)

This is a really good team on paper.  If they can gel and perform well this season, there will be no appetite for the blame game.

It will be a big test for them; they must make the p/os and a 1st round win (not against LV), if they want to be considered legit.

3 minutes ago, combover said:

Depends which ahl plug green falls in love with and over plays . 
And we still have the go to Myers. 

Do you, and your hair flop, seriously believe Green (or any NHL coach) is putting guys in the press box he thinks are better than guys playing?  That’s saying the coach is intentionally playing worse players, and (therefore) hurting his chances to win.  What coach tries to make his team worse, so he’s less likely to win?  

Just now, Alflives said:

Do you, and your hair flop, seriously believe Green (or any NHL coach) is putting guys in the press box he thinks are better than guys playing?  That’s saying the coach is intentionally playing worse players, and (therefore) hurting his chances to win.  What coach tries to make his team worse, so he’s less likely to win?  

Happens all the time.
It’s the human.

See himself plays a style that coach like regardless if it fits has “experience.”

good players have been blackballed by entire leagues. countless reasons why it happens 

could be a mandate from above. 

I more surprised that you seem to truly believe that it doesn’t happen. 

If your telling me chiasson petan doweling are better options than what we have in the farm then your saying Jbs drafting is terrible. 
willie played the crap out of megna and chaput why when they weren’t the best options. 
torts played lack over Louie in the outdoor classic he said he thought it gave them the best chance to win..  I know I see a pile of excuses now.

But excuses are only needed to cover failure. Hence when Jim needs so many. 

In a sun shine lollipop world  I guess maybe doesn’t. 

7 minutes ago, combover said:

Happens all the time.
It’s the human.

See himself plays a style that coach like regardless if it fits has “experience.”

good players have been blackballed by entire leagues. countless reasons why it happens 

could be a mandate from above. 

I more surprised that you seem to truly believe that it doesn’t happen. 

If your telling me chiasson petan doweling are better options than what we have in the farm then your saying Jbs drafting is terrible. 
willie played the crap out of megna and chaput why when they weren’t the best options. 
torts played lack over Louie in the outdoor classic he said he thought it gave them the best chance to win..  I know I see a pile of excuses now.

But excuses are only needed to cover failure. Hence when Jim needs so many. 

In a sun shine lollipop world  I guess maybe doesn’t. 

It’s obvious that Trumpian hair flop of yours is getting into your eyes.  No coach will play worse players over better ones.

To suggest otherwise is being blinded by your combover.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1