The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | October (10-16) 2021

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, allegend said:

Entertaining game. Tough way to lose.

I wonder if the winning goal would have counted if the game was played

in Seattle (or if a Canucks player had directed it in during another game).

Don’t care.  Just really happy the Krackheads lost!  

Embrace the hate!  Seattle - :sick:

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

Seattle currently holding reign of the worst winning percentage in NHL history. What a trash organization. 

Any chance Seattle goes winless in the next 4 and then get their first ever franchise win against the Canucks next Saturday?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, allegend said:

Entertaining game. Tough way to lose.

I wonder if the winning goal would have counted if the game was played

in Seattle (or if a Canucks player had directed it in during another game).

I’m sorry to say but this call is consistent with the last 10 years.  I’ve probably seen about 10 times over those 10 years worse kicking motions that were not overturned.  The NHL will only overturn it if it is a very blatant undeniable kicking motion.  Really I think they should just remove the kicking motion rule and let all goals off the skate count so it removes subjectivity and it won’t really change the game at all.

• Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I think all tonight has shown how only a dozen or so posters here actually watch other hockey games, The rest are just here to dump their personal life frustration onto our team.

Not surprised lol

Honestly, I try to watch every other game available to me.  Sports is why I have cable....the only reason.  It's a good way to gauge what other teams are doing in comparison to ours.  We can't really assess "good or bad" unless we observe more than just our own team.  Sure, the W-L record gives us that, but there are a lot of close/good games that end with EN goals that bump a score up, etc. so final score doesn't always tell the whole story....just who gets the points.  If you love our team it's a natural progression for that to extend outward and "love hockey" in general.

With that, was a pretty good hockey game in the end.  Thought it was going to be a blowout but the Kraken showed resiliency.  I hate them, but I hate Vegas more.  :towel:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1