The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What grade would you give Canucks for their pre-season performance?

Rate this topic

b3nnyb

Pre-season performance  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello everyone

Pre-season is over finally!

now reflecting back what grade would you give the Canucks for their pre-season performance?

The grade should be based on their on ice performance plus decisions made by Green and co

I omitted A and B because they don’t deserve that grade at all and im sure everyone agrees

Vote away! Flame away!

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

I’m giving them a big fat F because:

lost gadjovich to waivers 

demoted lockwood 

using a PTO on pp and on last min of ice while down a goal

no clear decisions

losing record 

This was the worst pre-season I’ve witnessed in a while

i had us making the playoffs this year but I think they’re gonna miss it

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

F

Feels like the team is not prepared for the season. Too much time auditioning guys for the 4th line and not enough time building chemistry. I also think Demko needed at least one more start. 

Hopefully they can start to gel over the next few days and don't struggle out of the gate.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, AV. said:

F

I agree with this. Well deserved F mark for this team - whether it's management or coaching staff. Just piss poor arrangements with their players. Green is a lousy coach, based on how this preseason has shaped out. Just poor preparation for the season.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

boy our coaching staff really likes to treat prospects drafted by our own organization like second hand citizens while newly acquired players like Leivo, Vessey, Highmore, Chiasson gets like 17, 19+ minutes a game and top 6 looks. What's the logic behind this lol. 

For real though, it's irritating to say the least. That being said, I didn't mind Leivo as a tweener. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I agree with this. Well deserved F mark for this team - whether it's management or coaching staff. Just piss poor arrangements with their players. Green is a lousy coach, based on how this preseason has shaped out. Just poor preparation for the season.

D      Agree with many commenting here (and on other topics) that Green spent far too much time auditioning 4th line players that might end up only being here for a few weeks when our four missing players return.- instead of focusing on building synergies between new & old players and solidifying lines and especially cleaning up our attrocious Special Teams which are a disaster.   With what I've seen so far, I would almost expect a slow start with 2 wins and 4 loses in our first 6 road games but do expect the team to be better overall this year because of the removal of most of the deadwood over the last two seasons - even though the replacements are not super men - they still are an improvement over the useless bottom six we had. Fingers crossed, I'm still positive overall on the team (not so much on Green) and predicting a return to playoffs.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, b3nnyb said:

I’m giving them a big fat F because:

lost gadjovich to waivers 

demoted lockwood 

using a PTO on pp and on last min of ice while down a goal

no clear decisions

losing record 

This was the worst pre-season I’ve witnessed in a while

i had us making the playoffs this year but I think they’re gonna miss it

Not that it matters, but the year they went to the finals, they lost all their pre season games... 

Maybe slightly melodramatic...

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1