The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Travis Green Thread to end all Travis Green Threads

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

2 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Burrows as the coach would be awesome.  Every time someone screws up he could point to the ring of honour and tell them to shut up and listen ::D.  

Joking aside, Juice is fixed as a national host for many years to come if he wants that.  Unless he misses the skates, I'm not seeing him move for a long time.  I sure do miss the superman.

Good points, but Burr might get the west coast itch 

itching GIF by Vulture.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

It's hard to take that guy seriously though!

I get it but there is perhaps an untap genius that just needs the right opportunity (?).   Overall, I don't mind his commentary and I would had preferred it over Cheech at last night's snore fest

Edited by ShawnAntoski
Genius

On 10/21/2021 at 8:44 AM, CanucksJay said:

I agree, in hindsight, they bought in to TG that entire playoff run including the Vegas series. I wonder though if they would ever look back and think, I wonder what would have happened if we just played our game. 

Yes they were over matched in terms of talent and I think TGs defensive strategy was probably our best chance of success. I mean we took it to game 7.

I do think Dallas moved the puck much better than us from their back end which was the key factor to them winning the series though. 

St Luois heart wasn't in it......they didn't play well at all I thought. If not for Demko it wouldn't have been close against Vegas.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

As an example of how Green squeezes the creativity out of his players... look at his benching of Garland tonight.

Garland has been the life and spark of the team in these first games of the season... but obviously Green decided Garland made some unforgiveable error so he benched him.  (probably being on the ice when a goal was scored)

Instead of giving Garland the opportunity to make up for his mistake, he staples him to the bench.

So Garland next game will be looking over his shoulder and second guessing himself.

Same thing happened with Hooglander after his first year... when he was a spark for the team... now he is no where near that player... Green crushed his creativity.

I know no one wants to hear this but he did that to virtanen as well. Square peg. Round hole. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Excellent Friday night read everyone!  It confirms my suspicions that the players are not happy and feeling lost.  You can tell by their energy level, and/or body language.  It is probably attributed to a toxic workplace.  Even Schmidt who projects as a happy-go-lucky loveable goofball, wanted to bail. So it's that bad.  I never liked Green because he has this air of snideness and smirkiness around him.  Also, he is petty the way he benches and rotates as though he has been slighted. He claims a system but I have yet to see what it is except for rewarding his favorites he had history with. His success has been attributed to Ian Clark who has the insane talent to get all the goalies to over achieve.  Anyhow, I think a good replacement coach(es) would be the Sedin twins.  They are already rich, not greedy, have high hockey IQ, popular, and relatable to the players. Probably, unlikely since management favors in keeping Green as long as possible.  Well if we do poorly or not this season, I still like our roster as they are a talented and exciting bunch.  Go Canucks!!

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jason10009 said:

Excellent Friday night read everyone!  It confirms my suspicions that the players are not happy and feeling lost.  You can tell by their energy level, and/or body language.  It is probably attributed to a toxic workplace.  Even Schmidt who projects as a happy-go-lucky loveable goofball, wanted to bail. So it's that bad.  I never liked Green because he has this air of snideness and smirkiness around him.  Also, he is petty the way he benches and rotates as though he has been slighted. He claims a system but I have yet to see what it is except for rewarding his favorites he had history with. His success has been attributed to Ian Clark who has the insane talent to get all the goalies to over achieve.  Anyhow, I think a good replacement coach(es) would be the Sedin twins.  They are already rich, not greedy, have high hockey IQ, popular, and relatable to the players. Probably, unlikely since management favors in keeping Green as long as possible.  Well if we do poorly or not this season, I still like our roster as they are a talented and exciting bunch.  Go Canucks!!

Ugh.  The Sedins aren't coaches.   If they want to coach then do what other ex-players do, go out get a job gifted to you at some level and work your way up the ranks.   I'd rather not see them do what Gretzky did.   Also, the best players usually don't make good/great coaches.   Larry Robinson might be the only one i can think of  - and he also worked his way up the bench.   It's usually grinders or guys not nearly as gifted that make the best ones of the former NHL/hockey players.   Because they have to think the game at a different level, and didn't have the skill set to make it mostly on that alone.   Sather, Burns, Hitchcock, Torts,   Sullivan. Arbour.   Quin.  Even Cherry who's winning percentage was more then respectable.   Crawford.   Berube even.  Rob the Bod sure he's an outlier.     Most coaches don't get gifted  rebuilt teams to start with either - have to work their way into one.    The Sedins i'm sure could get a coaching gig somewhere, maybe even in Abby, but need to start by working with other coaches and put their time in.   Just like Burrows did in Laval.   

• Thanks 1

Thank you for merging all the threads. 

The reality is that we haven't even played 10 games and we have three wins.  We're not THAT bad although it's been tough to watch our first two home games.  

We'll see how we do against the 5-1 Oilers tomorrow.  

For the record, our year last year was much much worst then this year.  We were pretty even with Philly yesterday but weren't able to generate many quality chances.  I'd like to see some fancy stats on the last two games if anybody has them?? 

1 hour ago, erkayloomeh said:

Didn't crow kind of nosedive as a coach after he left van? 

He did because he's too old school for today's players.  

39 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Ugh.  The Sedins aren't coaches.   If they want to coach then do what other ex-players do, go out get a job gifted to you at some level and work your way up the ranks.   I'd rather not see them do what Gretzky did.   Also, the best players usually don't make good/great coaches.   Larry Robinson might be the only one i can think of  - and he also worked his way up the bench.   It's usually grinders or guys not nearly as gifted that make the best ones of the former NHL/hockey players.   Because they have to think the game at a different level, and didn't have the skill set to make it mostly on that alone.   Sather, Burns, Hitchcock, Torts,   Sullivan. Arbour.   Quin.  Even Cherry who's winning percentage was more then respectable.   Crawford.   Berube even.  Rob the Bod sure he's an outlier.     Most coaches don't get gifted  rebuilt teams to start with either - have to work their way into one.    The Sedins i'm sure could get a coaching gig somewhere, maybe even in Abby, but need to start by working with other coaches and put their time in.   Just like Burrows did in Laval.   

I think the Sedins are being groomed to be GM’s not coaches.  I don’t see them as the type to be standing behind the bench and yelling at the players. They are more suited to evaluating players and making management type decisions. 

• Vintage 2

41 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Thank you for merging all the threads. 

The reality is that we haven't even played 10 games and we have three wins.  We're not THAT bad although it's been tough to watch our first two home games.  

We'll see how we do against the 5-1 Oilers tomorrow.  

For the record, our year last year was much much worst then this year.  We were pretty even with Philly yesterday but weren't able to generate many quality chances.  I'd like to see some fancy stats on the last two games if anybody has them?? 

How dare you try and rationalize this! 
I’ve made my choice how I feel about Green even if this season turns around 

893FA642-E282-4126-8FD3-76C201B1DE10.gif

Edited by EliasBoeser
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1