The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Travis Green Thread to end all Travis Green Threads

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

1 hour ago, Kurgom said:

Boeser was our best player in the last half of the third period, so maybe it worked. If we scored on a single PP we probably win or lose in a shootout. The PP has been atrocious for years now and some blame for it goes to green for sure.

we are ranked 32nd in the league for offense generated 5v5.  Can't blame the PP even though it sucks  bad.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Here's the bad news:

Green has just been signed to a two year extension.

So the earliest I think he gets fired is end of season.

And even if he gets fired mid-season, a new coach would not have time to teach a new system.

Green should have been gone in the summer to give a new coach time to put his ideas into practice.

If they fire him mid=season, it mean this clown show continues and the season is lost.  DO you think Aquaman is going to be okay with that? After he bought out players and spent to the cap to bring in new talent, he will just write off another season without playoffs? 

• Cheers 1

Cory Hirsch wondered whether there is an issue in the room. There does not seem to be cohesion in the team. A caller pointed out that Schmidt (who seemed like a happy guy) wanted a trade out of Vancouver quite quickly. Something is not right either between some players or between coaches and players.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Firing Green is Benning's last move as  GM.  It will take Aquaman to get involved.  I wonder if he will.

I don’t see how Benning even has that move left. It seems pretty rare for GM’s to get 3 coach hires without taking the bullet.

I think Benning, Weisbrod, Green, Baumgartner, King, and any other coach not named Clark or Shaw need to all be fired now. The team needs a new set of eyes and new voices to take over.

Hire a respected hockey guy as PoHO. Say Jim Rutherford. He can be interim GM while he finds an experienced guy who is the right fit for the job. Shaw as interim coach will be fine with a couple of assistants he wants.

I have heard all the excuses to keep them. Like wasting another year, it takes too long to learn new systems, etc. It’s all bull$&!#. The way this group is playing now a clean sweep at the top is going to clearly shake them out of whatever apathy they are playing with and any new systems are clearly going to be a step up and likely embraced.

I have never seen a group of nhl players look this miserable and frustrated. It’s clear they want a coaching change at the very least.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

Cory Hirsch wondered whether there is an issue in the room. There does not seem to be cohesion in the team. A caller pointed out that Schmidt (who seemed like a happy guy) wanted a trade out of Vancouver quite quickly. Something is not right either between some players or between coaches and players.

There was speculation the Pearson extension was done because the room was still sour on losing Tanev, toffoli and stetcher , and if they let Pearson go too the relationship between the players and mgmt would have been untenable. Could be the group is still feeling the effects of that mistake letting them walk.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

There was speculation the Pearson extension was done because the room was still sour on losing Tanev, toffoli and stetcher , and if they let Pearson go too the relationship between the players and mgmt would have been untenable. Could be the group is still feeling the effects of that mistake letting them walk.

Keeping Pearson was the mistake. Good player but Green has not once pulled him and Horvat apart. He is zoned in in that having to be a pair and it’s missing opportunities for Bo to help get other players going IMO.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

The only player I can think if that can be a locker cancer right now is Miller. His sometime childish antics maybe rubbing off the wring way with the other players.

I mean Horvat is Horvat, he ain't gonna go too high or too low. Same goes for Demko. Brock, Petey, and Hughes looks to be the quiet type. Hogs, Myers and Pearson are wild cards but doesn't seem like people that will anger or annoy anyone. Everyone else is new to the team or. It even with the team right now. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Anybody who wants an answer to the OP's question should have been watching the Philly game closely.

At a certain point in the 3rd, you could see Brock Boeser on the bench, who is the most easy going guy in the world and a decent person, muttering to himself after Green said something stupid to him.

So if you think that was a nothing... ok.

Yup, saw that.  He said 'why?", or "what?"  twice, and shook his head to himself.  Wasn't sure if it was Green or another coach he was talking with, but, yes, prob was Green.  Not a good look.  Probably not going for beers after the game together.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

I was sad last season when the Canucks resigned Green, it was a great time to end it cleanly. Now it’s going to get to a really low point .

I would assume that JB, didn't want to let Green go due to his mistakes.  Hence, he recreated the roster to give him a deeper roster to work; but - Green & friends can't seem to deliver.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 4

2 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I said that Boeser was playing well in the PGT thread... I agree with you... he was playing hard.

But his efforts were all solo efforts.... he wasn't playing in coordination with his linemates... and that is a result of Green's failure to coach the team.

Yeah, lots of individual play tonight...

• Vintage 1