The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 43 players - Oct. 10, 2021

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Hamonic will get through, but it's an interesting development.

yeah didn't really see that coming. But it does make sense, he can always retire if someone picks him up and its somewhere he doesn't like, but that seems really unlikely.

Its good cap management while we wait it out.

13 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He’s 29 and had been in the AHL the past 2 seasons. 

Yeah, I'm not sure he's any better than Bowey at this point.

9 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

We shouldn’t be talking about anyone on that list. 

Haven't paid attention to how he's done lately but Stenlund could be an decent depth C option.

Miller, Pettersson, Boeser
Pearson, Horvat, Hoglander
Garland, Dickinson, Podkolzin
Highmore, Stenlund, MacEwan

Edited by aGENT

20 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I’m so surprised with Di Giuseppe.  He and Dickenson looked really good together.  He’ll probably be first call up with a bottom 6 injury.

I'm a bit surprised too. He seems solid, albeit unremarkable. Good depth guy. 

Aquaman must love paying players to not play for the team. How does Benning still have a job?

Unless Hamonic lied about getting the vaccine this should never happen with a competent GM. 

anyways can’t we terminate Hamonic’s contract for this?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ken kaniff said:

Aquaman must love paying players to not play for the team. How does Benning still have a job?

Unless Hamonic lied about getting the vaccine this should never happen with a competent GM. 

That's exactly what I think happened. Hamonic was not entirely forthcoming about his stance on vaccines, but the Canucks were hoping to turn him around, from what it sounds like.

I think Hamonic and the Canucks should reach a mutual termination, but the fact that Hamonic wants to keep his contract is a signing in bad faith.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

That's exactly what I think happened. Hamonic was not entirely forthcoming about his stance on vaccines, but the Canucks were hoping to turn him around, from what it sounds like.

I think Hamonic and the Canucks should reach a mutual termination, but the fact that Hamonic wants to keep his contract is a signing in bad faith.

In that case his contract should be terminated. Or if they can’t, sue the bum. 

7 minutes ago, ken kaniff said:

You would have to have both sides sign off for termination. I personally think the team may have grounds to suspend him without pay.

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

If not, you just waive him again.

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

seems like a safe bet, might be a better fit with Rathbone if he can skate better than Schenn?

No better than Bowey at this point. We already have him.

• Vintage 1

I really like Jacob MacDonald.

He's had 43, 42, and 55 point seasons in the AHL. Looked really solid when he was playing in Colorado last season. Really surprised to see him be waived. He is a LD but I'd pick him up as the extra depending on what the Canucks are getting for Juolevi. He'd be a really solid depth piece.