The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 43 players - Oct. 10, 2021

If Hamonic clears, a US team whose farm team plays entirely in the US can trade for him and assign him directly to their farm team without him having to clear waivers again.  We'd likely have to retain some salary though 

Edited by Googlie

52 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Sustr for RHD depth?

Also wishing we sent Gadjovich down today. He probably clears. That one still stings for me.

Definitely should have waited on gadjo for when there was more talent to choose from.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Or to suspend him without pay if he doesn't report if the rumours of him not being vaccinaed are true.

Possibly. The thing is we just don't know.

If he's unvaccinated, then shame on him. Shame on him for not doing everything possible to protect he daughter. If he is vaccinated and this is a issue of him not being sure if he wants to risk playing to protect his child, then shame on those who are saying otherwise.

We just don't know yet, so it's worth keeping our pitchforks down until we have all the information available.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Or to open a roster spot while he figures out whatever personal issue is keeping him from playing.

They could have designated him as non-roster.  Demoting him clears 1.125M while keeping him as a non-roster player would have his 3M on the books.  

The wording of the press-release suggests that it's not just a cap move to maximise LTIR.  

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Or to suspend him without pay if he doesn't report if the rumours of him not being vaccinaed are true.

They might not make him report.  Benning was quoted earlier in camp saying that they'll be patient as he's dealing with a personal matter.

2 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

We just don't know yet, so it's worth keeping our pitchforks down until we have all the information available.

Are you kidding me, this is CDC, when in the history has this place waited until all the facts were known before jumping fully to conclusions ::D?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

Are you kidding me, this is CDC, when in the history has this place waited until all the facts were known before jumping fully to conclusions ::D?

I love this place the way it is, but can't we strive to be better? Regardless, I'm sharpening my pitchfork incase it comes out he's not vaccinated and I'll be on the front lines with y'all if that is the case. Until then, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. This pandemic has been hard on all of us, can't imagine the stress of raising an immunocompromised child in this climate.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

This place.

Poster Z              " Why don't they just..................................?

Poster X               , "because of the CBA."

Poster Z then goes on to make other suggestions that violate the rules, because poster Z didn't learn from their previous mistake.

This place.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, BPA said:

So Canucks put Hamonic on waivers to terminate him?

No that would be unconditional waivers with purposes of termination. 

Seems like this is just regular waivers. Canucks are leveraging as much as they can to open up cap space so they don't have to dip too far into Ferland's LTIR money likely so they can find some other help.

• Cheers 1