The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 43 players - Oct. 10, 2021

56 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If journeymen pk guys are a dime a dozen why can’t Benning find any?

Benning seems to try for former 1st-3rd round draft choices as reclaimation project pickups hoping to build them into all purpose players. The two he acquired for

Jolevi come to mind. In answer to your question...I don't effing know...

• Haha 1

Looks like Hammy cleared waivers as per 650am’s presser that is on right now. JB said will likely report to Abby when he is ready. Unknown if or when he joins the big club. “Personal matters” still an issue (whatever that is).

Update:

JB says “it’s bigger than what you guys think” (re the personal matter)

Edited by grandmaster

39 minutes ago, gregthehockeynut said:

Benning seems to try for former 1st-3rd round draft choices as reclaimation project pickups hoping to build them into all purpose players. The two he acquired for

Jolevi come to mind. In answer to your question...I don't effing know...

That strategy has almost never worked out well for him and he has done it from the very beginning.

20 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Looks like Hammy cleared waivers as per 650am’s presser that is on right now. JB said will likely report to Abby when he is ready. Unknown if or when he joins the big club. “Personal matters” still an issue (whatever that is).

Update:

JB says “it’s bigger than what you guys think” (re the personal matter)

Until the true story is known, if ever, it’s best to just treat the Hamonic re-signing as just another move that hasn’t worked out and has used up cap that won’t benefit the team. Hamonic has always been a high drama inducing player at every stop in his career though, that’s just fact. Whatever the issue is, it’s better to just let it play out and not worry about it. I hope he is ok and resolves whatever is going on for him.

I doubt Hamonic will play for the Canucks this season and that’s ok. Wish they had used that cap on someone who would but whatever. Life happens.

• Cheers 1

On 10/10/2021 at 1:05 PM, Shayster007 said:

I love this place the way it is, but can't we strive to be better? Regardless, I'm sharpening my pitchfork incase it comes out he's not vaccinated and I'll be on the front lines with y'all if that is the case. Until then, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. This pandemic has been hard on all of us, can't imagine the stress of raising an immunocompromised child in this climate.

At this point I'm going to take the approach of assuming positive intentions - something I don't do enough of but I'm trying.   That is to say I'm going to assume Travis had the intentions of fulfilling his contract responsibilities to the best of his ability and JB was going to honor his end as well - but somewhere between signing the contract and the start of camp something unforeseen developed and led to the current situation.   Sounds from JB's media update that it's bigger than some people understand - it would be the respectful thing to do and give Travis space/time to deal with what he has to deal with. 

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Provost said:

I am sure we have no interest in Turris otherwise we could have had him a couple times.

Solid 2 way Centre to cover for Sutter.  Mild amount of risk due to his being paid more than can be buried… but is an upgrade on a number of our bottom 6 guys and not too expensive.

It seems like they want to try Miller as a 3C though 

I watch the Oilers and Turris was probably the worst Oiler last season. Complete liability. Absolute shell of a player he used to be. Zero confidence combined with zero effort. 

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It mildly irked me that it had been reposted multiple times by different people but yeah generally speaking it's really not a big deal. My main point was the list (assuming it's meant to show wasted cap space) wasn't very relevant any more.

Not directly too you, but in general.  Been on the forum for years.  The critiques of spelling over the years has been getting me irked too..  if it wasn’t for the auto correct, you would have a hard time with my writing.  Hey, we both likely hate the recapture penalty, but it didn’t cost us with Hughes and Petey.  

cause if JB had the money, it would be theirs atm.  

peace.  

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

The critiques of spelling over the years has been getting me irked too.  

To be fair, that's a world issue, not a CDC one.

Like it or not, poor spelling/grammar makes whatever someone writes harder to read and understand. And fair or not, makes the reader create assumptions about the writer's intelligence/education level, and hence question the value of the content.

Edited by aGENT