The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Olli Juolevi to Panthers for Juho Lammikko, Noah Juulsen

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Hope we get something decent back.

I had not given up on OJ quite yet.

I'd be happy with a 3rd round pick to be honest. We'll see....  Benning's pro scouting has been getting better and better as of late. 

Yikes, first Virtanen and now Olli.  Not a good look on Jim's drafting record.  At least with Virtanen you can blame it on being a pretty weak draft (there were bad players selected around him too), but with Olli, he really missed on that one.  So many good players taken right after.  Waiting for the lackluster return to be announced and CDC to subsequently crash for the remainder of the Thanksgiving long weekend. :o

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'd be happy with a 3rd round pick to be honest. We'll see....  Benning's pro scouting has been getting better and better as of late. 

Haha ya pro scouting like Hamonic right? It’s been over 7 years and he’s still God awful. The rest of the league is laughing at us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Dekey Pete said:

Yikes, first Virtanen and now Olli.  Not a good look on Jim's drafting record.  At least with Virtanen you can blame it on being a pretty weak draft (there were bad players selected around him too), but with Olli, he really missed on that one.  So many good players taken right after.  Waiting for the lackluster return to be announced and CDC to subsequently crash for the remainder of the Thanksgiving long weekend. :o

Kole Lind and Jonah Gadjovich too. Benning is garbage 

• Haha 4
  • Wat 2
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 2

15 minutes ago, b3. said:

I truly believe that TG cancelled him that exact moment.

I think he was already leaning in that direction. Look at the players in interviews, they all share certain character traits that I Green values or respects. Juolevi's personality seemed peripheral and at odds with Green's emphasis on team unity, so the bag skate aftermath just confirmed it for him. 

Edited by frank einstein