The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Juho Lammikko | #91 | RW/C

-AJ-

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

If you add “hard working” to that title, you can easily see why the Canucks felt this player was a good addition to their group.

Hopefully Juho can come in and replace a lot of what’s been lost with Sutter out (and for what’s now looking like a longterm/indeterminate period, due to the recent confirmation of long-Covid). And if he can perform at a decent enough level, he might just be a cheap, young, longterm fit for our fourth line and penalty kill.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

If you add “hard working” to that title, you can easily see why the Canucks felt this player was a good addition to their group.

Hopefully Juho can come in and replace a lot of what’s been lost with Sutter out (and for what’s now looking like a longterm/indeterminate period, due to the recent confirmation of long-Covid). And if he can perform at a decent enough level, he might just be a cheap, young, longterm fit for our fourth line and penalty kill.

sounds promising.

Sutter's faceoff percentage was above 55% last season compared to Lammikko's 45%.

Canucks were blessed with fourth line centers with good faceoff numbers in Beagle and Sutter. Hope Lammikko can improve his numbers this season.

Faceoffs are an important facet of the game, especially faceoffs in the D-Zone.

Glad that Canucks added Lammikko to the team, because he is going to spend more time on the ice than Sutter.

Mentioned it several times that a Sutter extension makes zero sense because of his health issues.

But hey Jim Bennning doesn't understand this argument.

That's O.K. Not every GM can make smart decisions.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

sounds promising.

Sutter's faceoff percentage was above 55% last season compared to Lammikko's 45%.

Canucks were blessed with fourth line centers with good faceoff numbers in Beagle and Sutter. Hope Lammikko can improve his numbers this season.

Faceoffs are an important facet of the game, especially faceoffs in the D-Zone.

Glad that Canucks added Lammikko to the team, because he is going to spend more time on the ice than Sutter.

Mentioned it several times that a Sutter extension makes zero sense because of his health issues.

But hey Jim Bennning doesn't understand this argument.

That's O.K. Not every GM can make smart decisions.

My passive aggressive meter just redlined. 
I agree on Sutter, that was the one move I really didn’t like in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Juho Lammikko looks to be a very underrated player.  I think he is going to surprise alot of people.

One thing I noticed watching him play is that he is definitely not 6'2".  He's almost the same size as Aaron Ekblad on the ice who is 6'4".  So I think he had a growth spurt at one time similar to Podzilla.  :)

He looks to be everything we need for a bottom 6 role.  He will be a big upgrade on guys like Petan, Dowling, Highmore, Di Giuseppe, MacEwen, Bailey, even Lockwood.  I think other than Motte he will be our best performer on the 4th line and someone who can move up to the 3rd line if necessary.

Yeah it sucks to lose Juolevi and knowing that we threw away a 5th overall pick.  But hey it happens.  Dal Colle can't even make the Islanders roster.  Dylan Strome is an extra in Chicago.  It happens.  But I think Benning did a good job in cutting his losses here and picking up a player than can help us immediately and upgrade our 4th line so we don't have to play the AHL fodder.

Don't sleep on Juulsen either.  He is a sleeper.  If he can get his career back on track he is at minimum a very good 3rd pairing guy in the NHL.  He can be a useful player for us in the future and he's a local boy so that may pump him up to reach his full potential in Vancouver.  Remember when we traded for Motte and nobody knew anything about him?  This could be a similar type of trade where we get two guys who are under the radar who carve out nice careers in Vancouver.

Cheers EP

If this turns out to be true, I'd consider that a big win for JB... 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Juho Lammikko looks to be a very underrated player.  I think he is going to surprise alot of people.

One thing I noticed watching him play is that he is definitely not 6'2".  He's almost the same size as Aaron Ekblad on the ice who is 6'4".  So I think he had a growth spurt at one time similar to Podzilla.  :)

He looks to be everything we need for a bottom 6 role.  He will be a big upgrade on guys like Petan, Dowling, Highmore, Di Giuseppe, MacEwen, Bailey, even Lockwood.  I think other than Motte he will be our best performer on the 4th line and someone who can move up to the 3rd line if necessary.

Yeah it sucks to lose Juolevi and knowing that we threw away a 5th overall pick.  But hey it happens.  Dal Colle can't even make the Islanders roster.  Dylan Strome is an extra in Chicago.  It happens.  But I think Benning did a good job in cutting his losses here and picking up a player than can help us immediately and upgrade our 4th line so we don't have to play the AHL fodder.

Don't sleep on Juulsen either.  He is a sleeper.  If he can get his career back on track he is at minimum a very good 3rd pairing guy in the NHL.  He can be a useful player for us in the future and he's a local boy so that may pump him up to reach his full potential in Vancouver.  Remember when we traded for Motte and nobody knew anything about him?  This could be a similar type of trade where we get two guys who are under the radar who carve out nice careers in Vancouver.

The lunch box hockey player has been the Canucks since days gone by.  

it was the Smyl years, the Linden years and the WestCoast Express years.  Not the same during the MG GM years.  But it is what makes the Canucks my team.  

This guy brings that, and so do a lot of our guys.  

JB doesn’t wait very long to move a guy that doesn’t preform now.  If we looked at JB’s tenure, when was his last drafting mistake?  

one could argue trading for Miller and or OEL was or could be drafting misses, but really it’s two guys.  

His first pick here ever, two weeks on the job, or OJ.  

After that, the misses are hard to find.  

Asset management after wards, yes.  But drafting no.  

JV draft.  Rookie mistake.  Calgary also screwed around with his development.  Refused it trade him, the NHL rookie season was a mistake.  

McCann is an NHL center man.  
Trymakin could be in the NHL but choose to stay in Russia.  
Demko is a starter in league and Gustav Forsling is an NHler.  

Brock Draft

He and Gaudette, both NHLers.  
Brisbois wasn’t a success, as a third rounder… miss.  

OJ draft

OJ…  mistake.  
Lockwood is looking almost there.  Could save this draft.  

Ep40 Draft.  
Lind and Gads… welcome to the NHL. 
Mikey Dipeitro, one year away?  
Michael Rathbone… welcome to the NHL.

Hughes Draft

Woo, one year away? 
Tyler Madden, one year away?

Toni Utunnen, next year to NA, two years out from challenging for time, no one knows yet.  

Podz, Hogz top ten rookie last year and welcome to the NHL Vasily.  
and then Fotch and Silvos are decent long shots.  

Miller time.  

Jurmo, Keppen Kunz, Malone and Turscott.  Maybe a player or two comes from this.  All long waits.  

Now OEL and Garland.  
Klimovich is looking great,

Myrenberg in the 5th, love Vancouver 5th rounders…. long shots, way too early to say.  But Klimovich is already shows his potential.  

so now, how many misses has JB had at the table.  

Trading picks and prospects for not good players, Guddy, that’s not drafting, neither is moving on Miller or OEL Garland.  

It’s makes up from other mistakes, and he has moved dramatically to correct his mistakes and get return for them.  

But he can draft his way out of trouble.  When could any GM in Vancouver say that?  

Edited by Phat Fingers
Editing
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

But he can draft his way out of trouble.  When could any GM in Vancouver say that?  

Uh….how about the Burke/Nonis years?  The bulk of that core that finished 1st overall in the regular season under Gillis was built via drafted players.  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Uh….how about the Burke/Nonis years?  The bulk of that core that finished 1st overall in the regular season under Gillis was built via drafted players.  

I can only name 6 guys off the top of my head. The twins, Bieksa, Edler, Kesler, Raymond. Who else? I believe Tanev was as well.

Edited by johngould21

10 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I can only name 6 guys off the top of my head. The twins, Bieksa, Edler, Kesler, Raymond. Who else? I believe Tanev was as well.

Schneider who was valuable enough to trade for our current Captain.  Tanev was an undrafted prospect signed by Gillis.  That's two Art Ross trophy's & a Selke in no less than at least equal to several Calder finalists/winner.  Burke is difficult to judgement in reference to guys that came after him because he had to operate under an environment where there was no cap *AND* he had a directive from ownership to cut payroll.  Imagine if Benning had no cap to worry about and a vault full of money to work with?

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Interested to see what he looks like.

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

lol :lol: y'all crack me up