The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Noah Juulsen | D

-AJ-

Feel like at the time of his draft everyone really thought at some point he’d be a Canuck and looks like it’s happened.

to bad he’s not the player everyone hoped he would be.

can’t imagine him being better than bowey was in camp?

6 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Guy is 24 years old... he had his NHL tryouts with Montreal and Florida and failed miserably.

He is AHL.

He's had some serious freak injury problems, the kind that would limit anyone's career. As a project and given a full year in the AHL I would wait to reserve such harsh judgement.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

He's had some serious freak injury problems, the kind that would limit anyone's career. As a project and given a full year in the AHL I would wait to reserve such harsh judgement.

Have to say that at least that first sentence made it sound like your were writing about Juolevi.  The only real difference between them might be that one's LHD and the other's RHD (and a BC boy).

On 10/11/2021 at 1:15 AM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Have to say that at least that first sentence made it sound like your were writing about Juolevi.  The only real difference between them might be that one's LHD and the other's RHD (and a BC boy).

He can’t play too a physical game tho because he risks further head injury/concussion issues. It may cap his ceiling.

Happy we have a local RHD kid in the organization, I would play him the whole season in Abbotsford, get him in a lot of games something he has been unable to do and see where things go. Try him out on the PK etc but not rush the kid, he cleared waivers before we acquired him so he can spend the season in the AHL.

The one thing I do wonder about is how the Abby Canucks will deploy him. We have Woo, Juulsen, Bowey as RHD...All of them could be possible future Canucks with the big club, I liked Bowey in Pre season and Woo is our youngest RHD prospect. Nice to have some depth with RHD, not the high end talent but with skilled LHD already on the NHL Canucks we could maybe get away with less good RHD partners for them in the future.

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Happy we have a local RHD kid in the organization, I would play him the whole season in Abbotsford, get him in a lot of games something he has been unable to do and see where things go. Try him out on the PK etc but not rush the kid, he cleared waivers before we acquired him so he can spend the season in the AHL.

The one thing I do wonder about is how the Abby Canucks will deploy him. We have Woo, Juulsen, Bowey as RHD...All of them could be possible future Canucks with the big club, I liked Bowey in Pre season and Woo is our youngest RHD prospect. Nice to have some depth with RHD, not the high end talent but with skilled LHD already on the NHL Canucks we could maybe get away with less good RHD partners for them in the future.

I would like to see Abby play all 3 RHD exactly the same amount of ice time...........

they are all young and equal, in most ways...........

Let's give them equal opportunity to grow and challenge

let's not shoehorn them

That is a pretty solid group of 3 RHD's for the AHL level

Edited by J.I.A.H.N

On 10/11/2021 at 12:39 AM, GB5 said:

Quads and Faber talking about it now on 650.

Vision related issues, etc.  They can be really debilitating.

I was thourouly disapointed when we traded O.J., really thought and still think that barring more injuries he will turn into a decent NHL player , but with Lommikko looking like such a good fit that at this point in time a 1 for 1 looks a win for us, but then we also get Juulsen who with patience and time playing in Abby, hometown, who could turn out to be as good or better than what O.J. was projected to be, well thank you JB

• Cheers 2

• 1 month later...