The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Extension] Suzuki and Montreal

-DLC-

This is a solid contract, had similar impact to his team as EP did in his playoff appearance. This is exactly what EP should have got or something no more than 8.5m with an 8yr term, time will tell in 3 years to see what EP has done and what we need to commit to him. I think salaries need to be limited after an ELC, I don't follow MLB at all but teams have quite a bit of control over young players...something the NHL needs imo.

Hughes if he can get better in his D zone will be worth his contract, but if he is 1 dimensional and on a PP D not a PK one then his deal is an overpayment too. Selfish young players with greedy agents are ruining this league.

If Suzuki continues to improve this contract is going to look fantastic for MTL

16 hours ago, AV. said:

Another day, another top young C getting locked up to 8 years.

"Must be nice"

I hate the hand not gonna lie but this is a huge risk and clearly a knee jerk reaction to what happened with Kotka.

His career high is 41 points while getting sheltered by Danaughlt who is one of the best shut down guys around.

He's now going to be the 1c and unless he becomes a 70 point player he's gonna be overpaid. There is just as good of a chance he tops out as a 50-55 point 2c and that is not worth almost 8 million.

MB has given out some truly head-scratching contracts the last 2 years and if Benning had done this deal or Gally or Anderson, the worst of all of them he would be crucified.

Edited by Alienhuggyflow

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

This is a solid contract, had similar impact to his team as EP did in his playoff appearance. This is exactly what EP should have got or something no more than 8.5m with an 8yr term, time will tell in 3 years to see what EP has done and what we need to commit to him. I think salaries need to be limited after an ELC, I don't follow MLB at all but teams have quite a bit of control over young players...something the NHL needs imo.

Hughes if he can get better in his D zone will be worth his contract, but if he is 1 dimensional and on a PP D not a PK one then his deal is an overpayment too. Selfish young players with greedy agents are ruining this league.

If Suzuki continues to improve this contract is going to look fantastic for MTL

If. Quinn and Petey have put up far better numbers while being younger. I fully expect his numbers to dip the same way Barzels did after Taveres left.

Phil did all the heavy lifting and now that will fall on Nick.