The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vitali Kravtsov requests trade

Kravtsov, 21, scored one goal, on the power play, in three preseason games. The Rangers will look to bring him up as soon as they clear room.

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/new-york-rangers-send-down-vitali-kravtsov-and-morgan-barron-to-start-the-season/

Really Chris Drury protecting a bunch of plugs from waivers (Julien Gauthier, Jarred Tinordi, Libor Hajek) at Kravtsov's expense $

At least Benning and Green run an honest training camp and moves on if players are outplayed (Juolevi, Gadj)

If his agent is seeking the trade his value must be super low right now. I say low risk, high reward

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, tas said:

russians really hate the ahl

I always wondered but wouldn’t it be better to play in the AHL. I mean luxury wise. Neither are the NHL sure. Bus rides etc but wouldn’t the AHL be a safer nicer place to play then whatever Russia standards are 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I always wondered but wouldn’t it be better to play in the AHL. I mean luxury wise. Neither are the NHL sure. Bus rides etc but wouldn’t the AHL be a safer nicer place to play then whatever Russia standards are 

Not if you speak Russian better than English.  KHL would pay better unless it's a one way contract, with a cheaper cost of living.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd gladly take this kid over Petan as well.  Could be a good fit with Podz.

Petan earned his spot. As much as I don't believe he will maintain his usefulness to us, it was still earned. I also get the sense he just wants to play.

Kravtsov, on the other hand, seems entitled. He seems like a Jake Virtanen type who has lots of skill, but doesn't appreciate the effort and dedication required to be an NHL regular. We certainly don't need that kind of player on our team again.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Analyst82 said:

Why wouldn't they? They come to another country to play at the highest level. Why would they report to an AHL team if they can play in the KHL making more money and playing in their home country? The fact that he is seeking a trade means he is determined to play in the NHL. I think a team should trade for him to give him a fair chance. It's a low risk move. 

determined to play in the nhl, but not determined to earn it. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2