The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vitali Kravtsov requests trade

49 minutes ago, tas said:

russians really hate the ahl

i mean i think they hate the pay cut which is fair if you're leaving one job (in the KHL) that pays more and is closer to home for a better one but then don't get it, and instead get a paycut, get shuttled to some random town and in a league with less comforts. lots of people would hate that

it would also be one thing if he was outplayed at camp, but he wasn't, they're protecting questionable NHL-level depth and he has to lose money for it

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

9th overall in '18 draft.  Very skilled player.  NY wants +++++return in a trade.

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2018-nhl-draft/2018-draft-profile-rw-vitaly-kravtsov/

Scouting Report

Soft-mitted goal scorer who can beat you in a variety of ways, Kravtsov had an excellent season as a rookie winger in the KHL. He was one of Chelyabinsk’s top playoff scorers and tallied several timely goals, which is a rarity for pre-draft teenagers in such a competitive league. Kravtsov uses his size and reach to exploit his elite puck skills, and getting close to the cage for quality chances came rather effortlessly for the youngster. He still has some bulking up to do, but he’s strong on his skates and protects the puck extremely well. Kravtsov is a serious threat in open ice thanks to his skating and agility, and he requires only a step or two to reach top speed. His shot and release are lethal; one of the best among 2018 draft prospects, but he keeps opponents guessing thanks to his vision and playmaking ability. The one thing that stood out most was his ability to read plays and correctly determine when it was time to vacate his zone and create odd-man rushes.

VAN

Kravtsov

NYR

Juulsen

Brisebois

3rd ‘22

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

Kravtsov is a very good player. 

but not good enough for the NHL?

or maybe he is, but the Rangers are making a mistake?  I can understand a Top 10 draft pick Russian not wanting to toil in the minors. They'd rather develop in their homeland. Canucks are really lacking in the prospects, I wonder what it would take to get this guy. 

In a year?

Podkolzin - Horvat - Kravtsov

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

or maybe he is, but the Rangers are making a mistake?  I can understand a Top 10 draft pick Russian not wanting to toil in the minors. They'd rather develop in their homeland. Canucks are really lacking in the prospects, I wonder what it would take to get this guy. 

In a year?

Rangers are only sending him down to protect the likes of Julien Gauthier and Jarred Tinordi from waivers

Let's get this kid @Jim Benning

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

In a year?

Rights to Tryamkin and a third?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1