The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

3 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I’ll take a point but we shoulda taken two we were dynamite in OT

1 minute ago, runtzguy said:

Tbh Mike Smith stole the game for the Oilers.

Very important point -   because as we've just witnessed - the oilers still have nothing to dish-out ay anyone after the Mcjesus line.  

Just now, Grape said:

Because Miller shoots close to 50% in shootouts? You don't just sub one of your best shooters out because he had a bad game.

Would've liked to have seen Hoglander over Pearson though.

Hoglander, podz, Hughes, oel all players I would’ve sent out before pearson

Just now, Taphouse Canuck said:

The shootout is a lottery so I'm not disheartened to lose that. Credit to the team for hanging in there and tieing the game up late.

All in all a really solid first game, good effort, lots of skill. Can't wait for Brock to get back to give us a bit more fire power up front.

And Motte's PK and energy in the bottom 6  (Him and Lammiko should lead us in SHG)

• Like 1

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

Very important point -   because as we've just witnessed - the oilers still have nothing to dish-out ay anyone after the Mcjesus line.  

I thought the Hyman line was pretty effective

Smith had a couple amazing saves tonight. Canucks showed that they can hang in there and battle back. Pettersson starting to show confidence and old form. OEL will help us. With a healthy Boeser and Motte this would have been a different game. Im not a fan of Chiasson on the top line

1 minute ago, -Moose said:

Yep, huge game for Smith. Could say the same thing for Demko, but I feel the Canucks had a lot more scoring chances. 

Easily could have won this in regulation if the PP was effective or if Smith wasn't so dumb big

We had no traffic in front of him most of the game.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

exactly! he played like $&!# all throughout the game even late in OT but somehow he deserves to shoot instead of the hardworking guys like Hog and Pod. I don't understand this coach. 

It's not that complicated. Miller played poorly but is elite at the shootout, so he shot.

As soon as I saw Pearson step onto the ice I had a good feeling it was over though.

3 minutes ago, Grape said:

Um isn't he like 40% in his career and at least 50% as a Canuck? Not sure why this is a complaint.

ok and? he sucked ASS tonight and was half playing for the Oil. I thought Green was all about rewarding players that worked hard? 

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Good to get a point but it always feel

we come up short in shootouts. Some

of the coaches decisions are just dumb. Why was Miller out there in a shootout? Green needs to let him know his play tonight was unacceptable but then he is there in the shootout.

I would have put Hogz out there.

Smutty would know little or nothing about him, and Hogz options are all so diverse. 

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I think the whole fan base was thinking it. Hogz two points tonight. Why on earth does Pearson go before him?

Normally don’t mind Pearson in the shootout but tonight, he just didn’t have it. Would have gone any of Hög, Pod, or even Dowling over Pearson tonight.