The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

4 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

What’s everyone drinking?  I’m mixing up my usual as I bought the Pabst 100 pack. It might even last me for a couple games lol

how much are those lol? but im just drinknig some lucky tonight, watching the MTL VS TOR game atm.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

With Hoglander on the 3rd line and Podkolzin on the 4th, they're trying to spread out the offence. Boeser is missed big time. 

My guess on the Canucks first goal of the season:  MILLER

Yes but what does Chaisson offer on the second line? It hinders it. He doesn’t have the tools to be effective in that spot.

I kind of like the idea of putting the kids a bit lower down in the lineup to start - takes some of the pressure off as they may be better matched against the opposition 3rd and 4th lines so mistakes aren't magnified and players like Drai and McDavid don't take advantage of them.  No need to crush their confidence in the first game, let them go out and play, make some mistakes that might not hurt us as badly with lesser opposition talent on the ice.  

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Well it's really really obvious your not the coach 

Don't let your hatred of the NHL coach ruin your perspective.  As you should know with your superior hockey knowledge Green will be mixing it up as the game progresses. 

Relax, get some beverages ready, get the too do list checked off, help the spouse, bath the kids, read them a story, put your canucks jersey on and ENJOY THE GAME

Yes sir, sorry to have offended you with my opinions.  I played NHL (probably 2012) one time so I figured I had this all figured out!  I’ll throw my Chiasson jersey on! 

• Cheers 1

Every game I do this hopeful search through all the pages to find the Canucks lineup and lines before the puck drops. Sigh.  I could give some young people direction in their lives with all the time I waste doing this, lol.

So Vintage, is there any way we can create something for every other poor  CDC'er like me to have the opening roster and lines posted in some sort of pinned format for each game when it comes available?  Just asking for a friend..

And btw thank you thank you thank you for the amazing work you do every day.

1 minute ago, The Colt 45s said:

Here we are.  I glhave given a benediction for this team, asking God to bless them this season, and help all of us to keep our Canuck faith.

Nice, that along with the goat ceremony I performed last full moon, I think we are set. 

Bases covered. 

• Haha 1

What’s the starting lineup for tonight? So excited to watch this team play again. It all counts and every game is crucial. Our offseason was huge. We dumped our garbage and turned it into OEL, Garland. Then we added numerous FAs and we finally get to see the long awaited debut of the one and only Vasili Podkolzin. Let’s go, boys! Let’s start this season off with a bang! GCG!

• Vintage 1

I'm not cheering against my team, but I really don't think we're winning this game.

Green doesn't have an answer to Edmonton's PP. Look for Vancouver to take some undisciplined penalties and we'll just see Green fuming on the bench.

3-0 Edmonton. I would love to be wrong.