The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

25 minutes ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

I believe there's a number of years of pro contracts that also determines eligibility, he'll have to clear waivers.

Yeh I looked it up and found 80 games or 4 seasons

Age at signing first contract has bearing but I could not figure it out 

I’m ok with going with a more defensive mindset against the Oilers and their pp, but I’d really like to see a third scoring line in most games rather than putting Hog and Pod on defensive lines.  Also I’m really hopeful Di Giuseppe can learn to PK in the A because he could be the ultimate bottom six player.

Edited by Rindiculous

1 hour ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Man those helmet decals are terrible. I miss the days when it was the team logo and not some corporate sponsor. At least the Rogers ones had no background colour so they blended in. These are just obnoxious. 

The sad part of the whole decal on the helmet is that it won't be removed. It's here for good. They aren't going to say no to that revenue moving forward.

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Also lol

Getting Motte back would be huge.  He is the best 4th liner we have, and we are always better with him in the lineup.  Getting him back also allows one of TP, BH, Miller to get off the PK.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Could very well be the determining factor as to how good (or bad) that trade was.

As per usual, it will take at least a year or more before we can evaluate.

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Could very well be the determining factor as to how good (or bad) that trade was.

If he is able to anchor the 4th line center spot that would be a win IMO as there is no timetable for the return of Sutter. Noah Juulsen may or may not turn out as an NHL'er but could be a very effective minor leaguer.

32 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Yeh I looked it up and found 80 games or 4 seasons

Age at signing first contract has bearing but I could not figure it out 

CapFriendly has a tool under the tab "calculators" that allows to see the waiver details of all players.  

If you select Vancouver and click on any player their waiver status will show lower down the page.  

Here's MacEwen's: 

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-calculator/zack-macewen

• Thanks 2