The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

8 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

What a waste of Hoglander.  

Explain? A top defensive center playing with our top 5v5 guy who happens to be a relentless worker along with a all out north south guy. wouldn't having chiasson or pears down on the 3rd instead make it worse? I see some good balance if you factor in each players best trait 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Team Bagues said:

From what I saw the kid skates real good, has a good outlet and was in good position. Three very important skills for an NHL d-man.

They are very important skills for a D man. I am very skeptical we just found an AHLer that just happens to have been overlooked by 31 other teams lmao.

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Explain? A top defensive center playing with our top 5v5 guy who happens to be a relentless worker along with a all out north south guy. wouldn't having chiasson or pears down on the 3rd instead make it worse? I see some good balance if you factor in each players best trait 

I'd rather have him not playing with a couple of guys who couldn't score on Hastings and Main with a wallet full of brown bills.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Would it not have been better to keep the other NHLers and maybe hire a coach who was willing to play them instead of Green handicapping the team with his worthless bums?

Agree on the coaching change, But i didn't see anyone who got waved as an NHLer

8 hours ago, Wanless said:

I think its coaching more than anything

ive noticed that since tanev has played for calgary he takes the body more. I dont think that he just decided to hit more. This to me says the coaching staff is asking this of him

Yeah been saying for awhile now that player acquisition is just one part of the equation when it comes to player development - the other part is coaching.

I wonder why Schmidt left after one season ???

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Agree on the coaching change, But i didn't see anyone who got waved as an NHLer

I still think Gadjovich is already better than a useless bum like Petan.  I want guys who are good enough at something to justify putting them on the ice to let them do it, instead of guys who sort of suck at literally everything.

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'd rather have him not playing with a couple of guys who couldn't score on Hastings and Main with a wallet full of brown bills.

haha i agree hogs linemates are not anywhere near his offensive level, But lets just wait and see. Regardless greener only keeps guys not names pears and horvat together for like 15mins anyways

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I still think Gadjovich is already better than a useless bum like Petan.  I want guys who are good enough at something to justify putting them on the ice to let them do it, instead of guys who sort of suck at literally everything.

Green had already made up his mind with Gadj and Petan.  Petan will have to royally screw-up this opportunity to get sent down or his size will just become a liability; and Green will have a light bulb moment ????

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Just now, King Heffy said:

I agree as well, I would rather have gadj in the pressbox then petan. That along with letting tanev walk were two poor decisions from my point of view. BUT i'm not sure gadj is a fulltime nhler at this point