The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Green had already made up his mind of Gadj and Petan.  Petan will have to royally screw-up this opportunity to get sent down or his size will just become a liability?

True, I just think that Green should have been fired for misjudging these two players so badly.  Our best hope may be a slow start so that Shaw gets promoted and the guys Green gifted spots to lose their benefactor.

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

Every game I do this hopeful search through all the pages to find the Canucks lineup and lines before the puck drops. Sigh.  I could give some young people direction in their lives with all the time I waste doing this, lol.

So Vintage, is there any way we can create something for every other poor  CDC'er like me to have the opening roster and lines posted in some sort of pinned format for each game when it comes available?  Just asking for a friend..

And btw thank you thank you thank you for the amazing work you do every day.

It’s in the GDT OP. Usually updated each game (depending on who’s doing it). Pinning it to the top of the GDT couldn’t hurt though. Cheers

• Thanks 1

Here it is…new season, new team, lots of promise. Anyone that reads my comments knows that I have a history of supporting this team, it’s GM and coaches most of the time. I like the big moves this year. The old baggage is almost entirely gone and some new faces are here. I strongly believe that both the GM and the coaches are out of excuses. There is no good reason that we can’t compete with the likes of Edmonton, Calgary and the California teams. I question some of the smaller moves (letting Gadj go) as well as some of the lines we are looking at. I’m willing to watch this group for 25-35 games and see where they sit. If they perform, great … off to the playoffs. If they don’t, clear house and get some new blood behind the bench and/or in the front office. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

True, I just think that Green should have been fired for misjudging these two players so badly.  Our best hope may be a slow start so that Shaw gets promoted and the guys Green gifted spots to lose their benefactor.

Me too cause after this (mostly) disastrous pre season and after the major roster tweaking, I am still very skeptical if the staff under Green can deliver...

Game on !!!! 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

6 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah been saying for awhile now that player acquisition is just one part of the equation when it comes to player development - the other part is coaching.

I wonder why Schmidt left after one season ???

Schmidt was an elite D with Vegas but when he came here he stunk. Maybe he though he was coming to  team that had a defensive structure, but we don't. Now he's with the Jets I fully expect him to go back to being an elite player.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It’s going to feel good for hockey atmosphere to hear the booing of Duncan Keith, again.

All members of Canucks nation attending the game in EDM tonight, please do your part in that, so that I can smile & salute you!  

Edited by viking mama

2 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Schmidt was an elite D with Vegas but when he came here he stunk. Maybe he though he was coming to  team that had a defensive structure, but we don't. Now he's with the Jets I fully expect him to go back to being an elite player.

Ditto, he struggled under Greens' or Baumers' tutelage and would he would rather live in Winterpeg than in Vancouver - maybe he likes the cold ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski