The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If he is able to anchor the 4th line center spot that would be a win IMO as there is no timetable for the return of Sutter. Noah Juulsen may or may not turn out as an NHL'er but could be a very effective minor leaguer.

Yeah, when I say that Lammikko could be the key to the trade I am assuming that Juulsen-Juolevi is pretty much a wash. If one of Juulsen-Juolevi becomes a solid NHL’er then that will factor heavily into judging the trade. My gut says they both remain on the NHL-fringes.

I know I’m stating the obvious here, but looking at our lineup for tomorrow’s game there is such a gaping hole in it without Brock. It’s amazing how important a player he has become for us. When he’s on, I think it could be argued he’s our 2nd best forward. 3rd at very worst I would say.

And…just heard that Thomas Drance is going to have a daily show on 650. @FaninMex must be doing cartwheels right now. ::D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I know I’m stating the obvious here, but looking at our lineup for tomorrow’s game there is such a gaping hole in it without Brock. It’s amazing how important a player he has become for us. When he’s on, I think it could be argued he’s our 2nd best forward. 3rd at very worst I would say.

And…just heard that Thomas Drance is going to have a daily show on 650. @FaninMex must be doing cartwheels right now. ::D

I am in Europe. I do not get the 650 show. Though I am sure I ill hear all about hs show here on the board

• Cheers 1

Just now, FaninMex said:

I am in Europe. I do not get the 650 show. Though I am sure I ill hear all about hs show here on the board

Just listen to the podcast online.  That’s what I do with Halford and Brough, my favourite show hosts.

7 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Just listen to the podcast online.  That’s what I do with Halford and Brough, my favourite show hosts.

He was being sarcastic. I think Drance lowers the intelligence of any room he is in

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Halford and Brough are definitely the best thing 650 has going. They are likely bringing in Drance in an attempt to quell the criticism that the programming slate was shifting towards a Toronto-centric origin. Which it is, sadly.

One more thing I like about Lammikko. He LOOKS like a hockey player. 

image.jpeg.d26acdb1e37e9c3e1b6e903868627fe7.jpeg

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, mll said:

CapFriendly has a tool under the tab "calculators" that allows to see the waiver details of all players.  

If you select Vancouver and click on any player their waiver status will show lower down the page.  

Here's MacEwen's: 

https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-calculator/zack-macewen

Thank you 

I like to learn new things, being an old dog

Go canucks go 

Win some &^@#ing games

24 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

Without boeser, this team just doesn’t look really good or dangerous.   It shows since he got injured.   I can see oilers blowing out canucks tmr.  

:picard:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is huge.  BB is our best player in my (probably unpopular) opinion.  If he is going, the team is usually going as well.  Getting him in the lineup is massive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Halford and Brough are definitely the best thing 650 has going. They are likely bringing in Drance in an attempt to quell the criticism that the programming slate was shifting towards a Toronto-centric origin. Which it is, sadly.

One more thing I like about Lammikko. He LOOKS like a hockey player. 

image.jpeg.d26acdb1e37e9c3e1b6e903868627fe7.jpeg

Is he the new Jaarko Ruutu?

• Haha 1