The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

22 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Jaarko was a fricken beauty!

F75AF5E3-ACE6-4444-A1B2-4E6356160AF6.gif

If Juho is even an approximation of Jarkko Ruutu, then I think that's a win for the Canucks.  Jarkko was a super pest.

In 2005-2006, we had Ruutu, Matt Cooke, Ryan Kesler and Alex Burrows.  A quarter of the forward group were super pests (although perhaps not quite with that reputation by that point of the season).

Edited by EternalCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This is shameful in my opinion. I’ve hated watching Canucks get pushed around year after year, and there’s no indication that is changing any time soon. Putting Big Mac on waivers is very concerning to me. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Slegr said:

This is shameful in my opinion. I’ve hated watching Canucks get pushed around year after year, and there’s no indication that is changing any time soon. Putting Big Mac on waivers is very concerning to me. 

Macewan had his worst preseason of his career. No chance he was ever making this team with that showing. 

2 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Halford and Brough are definitely the best thing 650 has going. They are likely bringing in Drance in an attempt to quell the criticism that the programming slate was shifting towards a Toronto-centric origin. Which it is, sadly.

Yah unfortunately 1040, the station that was way more Vancouvercentric had to get shut down.  Luckily for 650, that allowed Halford and Brough to fall into their lap.  They are the modern version of how sports radio should be.  They put together original intros, use the soundboard very complementary, and best thing, they are actual fans of the Canucks, not just a talking head who has to talk about them.  It helps that they are both very interesting personalities as well...way better than any other Vancouver sports media head is at this point.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Halford and Brough are definitely the best thing 650 has going. They are likely bringing in Drance in an attempt to quell the criticism that the programming slate was shifting towards a Toronto-centric origin. Which it is, sadly.

One more thing I like about Lammikko. He LOOKS like a hockey player. 

image.jpeg.d26acdb1e37e9c3e1b6e903868627fe7.jpeg

Looks like he's lost another front tooth since that picture.