The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

5 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I don't find anything wrong with small and fast.  Last year we were small and slow with out bottom 6, but we have a speedy bottom 6 this year and that's good cause that means noone can catch up to hit us.

Agreed, we are much faster this year. Hopefully it translates. 

1 minute ago, BPA said:

So Hunt beat out Rathbone for the 3rd LHD spot??

I don’t know about that. He was skating with Schenn. Surely Burroughs isn’t in before Schenn. We won’t know anything till tomorrow. Hunt could play first game and Rathbone there on out since Rathbone has played every game in the pre season 

1 minute ago, AbbyNux said:

Team average overall, which is what the point of the post was. 

Top m8nute guys need to be super competitive guys, who have elite skills.  Sure a 240 pound Hedman is great, but guys like that are very few.  Kind of only one really.  Give us a team of hyper compete guys.  Sure big is good, but got to be hyper compete, skilled, and smart first.  

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Top m8nute guys need to be super competitive guys, who have elite skills.  Sure a 240 pound Hedman is great, but guys like that are very few.  Kind of only one really.  Give us a team of hyper compete guys.  Sure big is good, but got to be hyper compete, skilled, and smart first.  

And in our division…durable.

People always wonder about “Canuck luck” with injuries.  I think it’s not just bad luck, it’s wear and tear of playing against a more physically demanding hockey in the Pacific. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s just my impression 

Edited by RWJC
  • Vintage 2

36 minutes ago, RWJC said:

And in our division…durable.

People always wonder about “Canuck luck” with injuries.  I think it’s not just bad luck, it’s wear and tear of playing against a more physically demanding hockey in the Pacific. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s just my impression 

other than vegas this division is pretty soft so i dunno about they physically demanding hockey in pacific lol