The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Blackhawks open to moving Dylan Strome

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

The day the Canucks drafted Hughes, Juolevi wasn’t going to work out in Vancouver.

Gadjovich is marginal. Lind was waved by Seattle.

Reaching.

Juolevi and Hughes play a completely different game. One has nothing to do with the other. At the very least Juolevi could have been a solid third pair guy.

Gadjovich is marginal sure but has much more upside than guys like Dowling, Di Giuseppe, Petan etc.

Lind cleared waivers but still has value to a rebuilding team.

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Juolevi and Hughes play a completely different game. One has nothing to do with the other. At the very least Juolevi could have been a solid third pair guy.

Gadjovich is marginal sure but has much more upside than guys like Dowling, Di Giuseppe, Petan etc.

Lind cleared waivers but still has value to a rebuilding team.

9EB93E9A-ED2E-4A07-97FC-9C3309AC52F4.jpeg

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Overblown.

It’s not like someone who skates to the point of collapse isn’t trying.

Yeah… again… the accolades of having just won gold at Juniors should’ve been a warning sign. 

Matthew Tkachuck should be à Canucks.

But I don’t make a big deal out of that since Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Podkolzin, Höglander are Canucks and great players as well.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Strome doesn't fit our need, think he is offensive but not a PK type player and foot speed issues?

^ this. Strome is a massive defensive liability and he's not worth the $3m cap hit. I can see why CHI is interested in trading him. Pretty sure they will also want some kind of decent return for him, which also makes it a no-go. Things we need more: a top 6 RHD and another legit but cheap 4C.

22 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

^ this. Strome is a massive defensive liability and he's not worth the $3m cap hit. I can see why CHI is interested in trading him. Pretty sure they will also want some kind of decent return for him, which also makes it a no-go. Things we need more: a top 6 RHD and another legit but cheap 4C.

Strome could go to Nashville, Columbus, NYR, or the Canadiens, who have recently been looking for some help down the middle with the loss of Kotkaniemi and Danault. How about Ylonen and a 2nd for Strome? 

2 hours ago, dontaylorforprez said:

He would make a good replacement for Toews…

Chicago is not a fit for Eichel. They don't have the cap for it, they'd have to move a core player like Toews, Johnson, De Haan or Strome. If they trade Strome, they can't trade Dach at the same time. Dach would be the only piece I demand if I'm Buffalo.

Eichel could be a strong fit in Vegas, Seattle, Montreal, Calgary, Washington (Kuznetsov included) and especially the Columbus Blue Jackets. If I'm the Jackets, I give up a center, 2 1sts and some salary. Then they've got a elite setup guy in Eichel alongside one of the best shooters in the league in Laine.