The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Alex Chiasson

13 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

This will result in not only Mac being waived, but someone else as well when BB is reactivated.  This is not a completely risk free signing.  Not the end of the world if someone gets waived/claimed, but not totally a free signing either as he takes a spot from someone. 

If there's no further injuries  by the time BB comes back, Chiasson can also be waived and his salary is buriable in the minors.

19 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Depth signing.  Someone who can and will stand in front of the net.  

Can bury contract if not working out.

Nothing to complain about really, though that won't stop it.

But this should have been Gadjovich's spot!!!!

(sarcasm)

Edited by thundernuts
  • Haha 1

If Chiasson gets more minutes and opportunity over Podkolzin....the team needs to fire the Coach, they should have moved on from Green last off season...JB has a get out of jail free card he can use in the first half of the season if we stink and younger players get limited ice.

When I go to a game I want to see the young guys get given a chance, Pod has shown good drive to the net and will only get better with...MORE ice time.

Welcome to the Canucks 1st RW Chiasson...hopefully you'll be on waivers within a month or 2 when we get some players back

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

If Chiasson gets more minutes and opportunity over Podkolzin....the team needs to fire the Coach, they should have moved on from Green last off season...JB has a get out of jail free card he can use in the first half of the season if we stink and younger players get limited ice.

When I go to a game I want to see the young guys get given a chance, Pod has shown good drive to the net and will only get better with...MORE ice time.

Welcome to the Canucks 1st RW Chiasson...hopefully you'll be on waivers within a month or 2 when we get some players back

Green doesn't actually like developing young players, from what it seems. He's only doing it because he gets forced to. Once a player is in the doghouse, he's not getting out.

Look no further than the fact that he preferred a bunch of AHL vets over young players playing meaningless preseason games. You do not want your younger players developing under Green, in general.

Jett woo barely got any action. Lockwood, what about Persson? What about the other prospects?

All I have been watching was Chiasson on the PP a lot. It wasn't like he was scoring either.

Our preseason record was godawful, with no chemistry. That is all on Green.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Green doesn't actually like developing young players, from what it seems. He's only doing it because he gets forced to. Once a player is in the doghouse, he's not getting out.

Look no further than the fact that he preferred a bunch of AHL vets over young players playing meaningless preseason games. You do not want your younger players developing under Green, in general.

Jett woo barely got any action. Lockwood, what about Persson? What about the other prospects?

All I have been watching was Chiasson on the PP a lot. It wasn't like he was scoring either.

Our preseason record was godawful, with no chemistry. That is all on Green.

Petterson, Boeser, Hughes, Hoglander, Rathbone, Podkolzin.  

That is a lot of players in key positions with under 3 years pro experience.

Worked extensively with Jake and OJ.

The NHL is not a development league.

Persson was sent to Junior early because that was the right place for his development.

Woo isn't ready, Lockwood is probably better served continuing to work on PK and see if he can develop at least a little scoring touch in the AHL.  

If we add these players that aren't ready, just can't see this year going very well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

PODZ isnt ready for the NHL, and mark my words he will probbaly get little ice time or will get sent to the AHL for further development , so cry more about his lack of play time if it happens , alex if he deserves more play time than podz , than alex gets more, if podz shocks me and plays great, than he will get the play time ...

3 minutes ago, combover said:

sweet another Veteran plug welcome Sam Gagne 2021

The rebuilds really moving along. 
cupboard so bare we can’t even pull 4th liners from own system. 

come down from your ledge. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

The fact that Benning didn't sign a bottom 6 player for 3 million is a win in my view :lol:

That’s true back when we had cap space it wasn’t a big deal just a year too long. Still gotta complain about something though haha

• Cheers 1