The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Alex Chiasson

Think of winning the Cup being like cooking a King's feast.  You need a lot of good ingredients (players) to make the meal. But this is a meal for a King, so nothing should be held back. All of the ingredients, even the special ones, from the "cupboards" go into this meal. And by the time it's done, there shouldn't be much left in the cupboard. 

Gillis left nothing in the cupboard either after their 2011 SCF. 

4 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

The fact that Benning didn't sign a bottom 6 player for 3 million is a win in my view :lol:

Exactly this. IMO, he is an improvement over Beagle, Sutter and Roussel. None of which could play the role of net front presence. Others are thinking he is taking a prospects spot which I believe is false. This type of player is NEEDED on a team and is a COMPLIMENT to our younger more talented players. 

The fact that Edmonton just let him go should tell you how important this kind of player is to a team. :lol:

All kidding aside, I believe others will see his value as the season progresses, as does Miller does already.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

We had lots of quality options but our coach prefers playing AHL pylons.

Yep Gadjovich and Lockwood should have made the team.

Would have made things look a lot better. Not because they’re that much better but because of the huge potential both of them have.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yep Gadjovich and Lockwood should have made the team.

Would have made things look a lot better. Not because they’re that much better but because of the huge potential both of them have.

Sadly, they are already much better than trash like Petan.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, x00x said:

PODZ isnt ready for the NHL, and mark my words he will probbaly get little ice time or will get sent to the AHL for further development , so cry more about his lack of play time if it happens , alex if he deserves more play time than podz , than alex gets more, if podz shocks me and plays great, than he will get the play time ...

Podkolzin is so so ready for the big time.  Calder contender.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Sadly, they are already much better than trash like Petan.

I’m not a fan of Petan either but let’s watch a real regular season game here before the real hate sets in. Chances are he’s gone like anyone from Gadjovich and so on once Boeser and Motte are in the line-up. The timing of certain players going down, moved or cut before so and so was weird but honestly there was no room for them on the team. Along with Petan 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Teemu Selänne said:

i feel like there's warm bodies on the FA market that would fit the Canucks' needs better and still be better than MacEwen, namely Bobby Ryan (better offensively) and Mark Jankowski (pretty good PKer) so i don't really like this move

saying that they must have felt he fit in the dressing room really well

Bobby Ryan didn't make Detroit....Detroit...who are awful. 

this could be a solid player for us.  He is pretty big ...doesnt play soft..., averages what looks like 10g per year...comes from the 2009 draft class where his point totals put him at about 25th ...(slightly ahead of Kassian who has played about 12 less games) ..same draft as OEL.

I guess whats a little concerning is there is no young player in the system that they see good enough to take the spot.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’m not a fan of Petan either but let’s watch a real regular season game here before the real hate sets in. Chances are he’s gone like anyone from Gadjovich and so on once Boeser and Motte are in the line-up. The timing of certain players going down, moved or cut before so and so was weird but honestly there was no room for them on the team. Along with Petan 

Thing everybody has to remember is mgmt was simply trying to fill gaps for Motte and Sutter without knowing their timetable for return. These gaps were filled with serviceable, experienced plugs, which is exactly what we want for price point and disposable value. Minimal investment required. It just sucks that we invested so much time in figuring out who to utilize.

• Cheers 2

I'm good with this.  

Top 9 made up of:

Boeser

Miller

Ep

Horvat

Hogs

Pearson

Pod

Dickinson

Garland

4th line/Spares/callups:

Motte

MacEwan

Lammikko

Highmore

Chiasson

Petan

Dowling

Maybe Sutter eventually

Lockwood

I expect Motte to be solid.  If we can get any combo of 2 gusy from that list to play decent, we are going to have an excellent forward group.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Think of winning the Cup being like cooking a King's feast.  You need a lot of good ingredients (players) to make the meal. But this is a meal for a King, so nothing should be held back. All of the ingredients, even the special ones, from the "cupboards" go into this meal. And by the time it's done, there shouldn't be much left in the cupboard. 

Gillis was a chump doing chump things.

Of there’s nothing in the cupboards, then he ruined the team.

Left us with an atrocious Luongo contract and one good player; Horvat.

Player agent idiocy.

Edited by Me_

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hasenpfeffer?

What's Hasenpfeffer????

• Haha 3

EVERBODY NEEDS TO SHUT UP
To put it in perspective  lines 3-4 and the press box = Louie Erikkson's contract

Petey - Miller -Boeser
Horvat - Pearson - Hoglander
Alex Chiasson Alex Chiasson Alex Chiasson
Alex Chiasson Alex Chiasson Alex Chiasson
Alex Chiasson Alex Chiasson

Quit Complaining!

• Like 1
  • Wat 1