The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Alex Chiasson

Chiasson adds a right hand shot, net front on the PP. I think this will open up a pass for EP to the high slot if Chiasson backs off the net at the right time. It will keep that side of the opposing teams PK box guessing on whether or not EP shoots or passes. This may be good. 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, rekker said:

Chiasson adds a right hand shot, net front on the PP. I think this will open up a pass for EP to the high slot if Chiasson backs of the net at the right time. It will keep that side of the opposing teams PK box guessing on whether or not EP shoots or passes. This may be good. 

good points.  I took a closer look at his db and noticed 22 goals in his first year with the coilers.   It seems that multiple coaches used him on the PP there coz he had a good net front presence.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, x00x said:

ahahahahaha u wish, wake up please u dreaming

Piss off.  You’re either a Canuck’s fan or you’re fishing here.  What’s your favourite team?  Let us know so we can crap on your young players.  Leafs don’t have any.  And the Habs have a friggin joke of a Smurf.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, rekker said:

Chiasson adds a right hand shot, net front on the PP. I think this will open up a pass for EP to the high slot if Chiasson backs of the net at the right time. It will keep that side of the opposing teams PK box guessing on whether or not EP shoots or passes. This may be good. 

Ok, I completely get it now. We really need RH shots. 

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Piss off.  You’re either a Canuck’s fan or you’re fishing here.  What’s your favourite team?  Let us know so we can crap on your young players.  Leafs don’t have any.  And the Habs have a friggin joke of a Smurf.  

Haha. @Alflives is spicy! Podz is gonna be a beauty. That I agree with. 

• Vintage 1

6 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

I get the sentiment that the young guys need a chance but I'd rather they get a  bit more time in the minors where they get a bigger role vs riding the pine or getting 8 minutes a night in the big show. Always disliked Chaisson on the Coilers cause of his style of play against us (can play a heavy game along the boards) but absolutely fine with him at this price on the Nucks. 

they were going to get those mins in the minors anyways, why not give them some sheltered mins filling in for injured players so we can see what they can do before sending them to the AHL? 

• Cheers 1

People want to say Green gave Virtanen a chance....HAHAHAHA ya right! Kid got coached by him in the AHL and where was he in that lineup, bottom 6! Did Green ever play Virtanen in his drafted position of LW...UHHH NOPE! But did Green play Hoglander on his off wing as a rookie UHHH YUP.

This team will never win jack $&!# with a $&!#ty coach like Green, the team should have moved on from him but the GM has NO balls or the OWNER doesn't...he sings the praise of TO maple LAFF waiver claims last year, what does he have to say about the recent top 6 picks gone and 2 2nd rounders gone in favour of a PTO player and AHL signings in Petan, Burroughs, Hunt...

Take your homer glasses off people, this team has messed up HUGE under this GM and Coach

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Darius said:

this could be a solid player for us.  He is pretty big ...doesnt play soft..., averages what looks like 10g per year...comes from the 2009 draft class where his point totals put him at about 25th ...(slightly ahead of Kassian who has played about 12 less games) ..same draft as OEL.

I guess whats a little concerning is there is no young player in the system that they see good enough to take the spot.

Oh no there was better options the coach just didn't want to use them, Gadjovich, Lockwood and Di Gusieppe all had very good training camps and pre seasons and all 3 SHOULD be on the team, but instead we have Hunt, Burroughs, Petan and a god damn PTO Chiasson...

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1