The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Dennis Cholowski

Would be absolutely idiotic not to. Gadjovich and MacEwen lost on waivers. Besides signing Chiasson to replace MacEwen we also had to trade Juolevi to get a similar forward back (with Juulsen) to replace Gadjovich, in Lammikko. Dennis Cholowski has great vision and instincts to go with all around athletic skating and mobility and a good frame. He’s also a Langley boy that played for the Chilliwack Chiefs. We can put him in Abbotsford for now if need be but we should be claiming him no hesitation.

Edited by ZH96

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'd take him over Hunt, but it still doesn't solve the issues at all.  I'd rather neither of them.

Well he’s a year older than Rathbone and was developed in Detroit’s system.

I’m gonna assume his defensive game is ahead of Rathbones right now. Send Rathbone down to Abby so he can work on his game. He’s not even playing the opening game anyways.

Cholowski has huge upside. I’d like to see what Shaw can do with his D zone play. 

• Cheers 2

Not sure if Cholowski makes it to us, but I'd certainly put in a claim. Would allow Rathbone to log major minutes in the A. Question is now that Rathbone has been named to the opening night roster, would sending him down increase his cap hit? Something about bonuses that I don't quite understand...

I doubt Green will have Cholowski claimed. Green spent all preseason overplaying Rathbone, while ignoring his defensive lapses. Rathbone should be in the AHL for development time and can be recalled later if need be. No need to bury him in the press box where he doesn't get playing time.

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

If he can play on the right side too... then it's worth considering since we have ummm.... Hunt & Schenn as our current 3rd pairing.... 

BUT his +/- looks kinda scary for past few seasons... even though the Wings really sucked....

The +/- and not being able to crack an expansion roster says something. Cholowski seems like a new day poliot. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1