The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Dennis Cholowski

3 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

The +/- and not being able to crack an expansion roster says something. Cholowski seems like a new day poliot. 

Well... Green should really give either Burroughs or Rathbone a real chance... I just don't feel comfortable relying on Hunt & Schenn as fulltime 3rd D pairing... there's a reason why these 2 vets played limited games in recent years!

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Well... Green should really give either Burroughs or Rathbone a real chance... I just don't feel comfortable relying on Hunt & Schenn as fulltime 3rd D pairing... there's a reason why these 2 vets played limited games in recent years!

I don't even feel comfortable with Hunt playing any games.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

We should be at tops after getting 2 snagged from us.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Is that actually how it works?

This does not change the priority order for waiver claims at all. Until November 1st it will based on last year's standing and after will be on current winning %

12 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Agreed. I think I would have probably traded OJ straight up for him so to get him for free would be a real bonus.

Cholowski is a much better prospect than Juulsen who we might be taking a look at this season. Either way this team needs as much depth as it can get on D right now.

And who knows, if things go sideways with our D (injuries etc.), maybe one of Juulsen, Cholowski, or Rathbone emerge as a legit top 4.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ZH96 said:

Would be absolutely idiotic not to. Gadjovich and MacEwen lost on waivers. Besides signing Chiasson to replace MacEwen we also had to trade Juolevi to get a similar forward back (with Juulsen) to replace Gadjovich, in Lammikko. Dennis Cholowski has great vision and instincts to go with all around athletic skating and mobility and a good frame. He’s also a Langley boy that played for the Chilliwack Chiefs. We can put him in Abbotsford for now if need be but we should be claiming him no hesitation.

that's not how it works.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Well he’s a year older than Rathbone and was developed in Detroit’s system.

I’m gonna assume his defensive game is ahead of Rathbones right now. Send Rathbone down to Abby so he can work on his game. He’s not even playing the opening game anyways.

Cholowski has huge upside. I’d like to see what Shaw can do with his D zone play. 

Absolutely! He should be part of the new blood transfusion/depth in Abby. Exact name I was hoping to see hit the wire.

Competition to further inspire Woo.

Edited by RWJC

Considering we're still on last year's stats, there's a decent chance he would make it Vancouver

Also he played under Kyle Gustafsson in Portland before, so I could see him wanting Benning to put in the claim

Not to mention from BC, former first 1 round pick, only one year older than Juolevi. Had a better training camp than Olli too, so it would be easier to rationalize sending Boner down for a while.

Could see it