The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Vancouver Canucks-Arizona Coyotes

[proposal] Vancouver Canucks-Arizona Coyotes

edit - I’ve taken out Klimovich and replaced him with ??? Since the general consensus seems to be Rathbone + Klim for Timmins would be too much.

To Arizona:  Rathbone + ???
To Vancouver: Conor Timmins

Probably an overpayment but the Canucks get their coveted RD prospect. The Coyotes continue to expand their prospect pool.

Edited by Patel Bure
Adding Klim to Bone for Timmins = huge overpayment

I was trying to use this site as a guide to gauge player value: 

https://dobberhockey.com/2021/09/16/top-50-fantasy-prospect-defensemen-september-2021/

Rathbone and Klimovich don’t get you Seider while all other RD’s ranked above Seider are offensive defensemen.  

If Rathbone and Klimovich for Timmins would be considered a huge overpayment, then that’s good!   We can reduce our package.  I’m still assuming of course that Timmins at this stage in his career, would be considered more valuable than Rathbone?  And a better overall player?

So, Rathbone + ??? For Timmins?

2 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

I was trying to use this site as a guide to gauge player value: 

https://dobberhockey.com/2021/09/16/top-50-fantasy-prospect-defensemen-september-2021/

Rathbone and Klimovich don’t get you Seider while all other RD’s ranked above Seider are offensive defensemen.  

If Rathbone and Klimovich for Timmins would be considered a huge overpayment, then that’s good!   We can reduce our package.  I’m still assuming of course that Timmins at this stage in his career, would be considered more valuable than Rathbone?  And a better overall player?

So, Rathbone + ??? For Timmins?

I believe that we are overloaded down the left side, but IF we were to trade Rathbone, now is not the time to do it. Let him establish himself and maximize return.

Unless Rathbone can teach himself to effectively play on the right, he will be wasted as 3rd pairing, long term. He’s not going to replace Hughes or OEL anytime soon, so it will make sense to move him at some point, to balance the right side.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Please don't turn into the Cry baby Wild fans that cry every time one of their players gets put in a fictional trade 

<div style="width:360px;max-width:100%;"><div style="height:0;padding-bottom:70.28%;position:relative;"><iframe width="360" height="253" style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" frameBorder="0" src="https://imgflip.com/embed/5qgpky"></iframe></div><p><a href="https://imgflip.com/gif/5qgpky">via Imgflip</a></p></div>

In order to propose a trade, you need a little more than just a list of players on the roster. Sometimes you also need a little bit of brain...

• Wat 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RomanP said:

In order to propose a trade, you need a little more than just a list of players on the roster. Sometimes you also need a little bit of brain...

Listen Mr. High and Mighty you must not look at any Hockey message boards because everyone does it and to think you can get people to stop doing it, is thinking a lot of yourself there buddy 

On 10/14/2021 at 12:20 PM, RomanP said:

Do not touch Klimovich in any trade proposals please

In order to receive something of value, you have to give something of value.  Surely, as a self proclaimed man with “a little bit of a brain,” you should understand this concept better than anyone.

• Vintage 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:17 AM, VegasCanuck said:

I believe that we are overloaded down the left side, but IF we were to trade Rathbone, now is not the time to do it. Let him establish himself and maximize return.

Unless Rathbone can teach himself to effectively play on the right, he will be wasted as 3rd pairing, long term. He’s not going to replace Hughes or OEL anytime soon, so it will make sense to move him at some point, to balance the right side.

Problem is - we don't have OJ anymore to deal with that loss.   Like it or not, we need Rathbone now, i don't see him much different then  a left side Stetcher with more upside at this point given his age.   Probably like Stetcher plus more offense.   Not a terrible thing to have three PMD on the left side - to go with Myers who can also move the puck.   Poolman is doing just fine so far as well...if and when Hamonic comes back our D actually looks half decent - as in a middle of the pack D.   That's a lot better then somewhere in the low to mid 20's, where it's been ranked for years and years now. 

Edited by IBatch

On 10/16/2021 at 9:24 AM, Patel Bure said:

In order to receive something of value, you have to give something of value.  Surely, as a self proclaimed man with “a little bit of a brain,” you should understand this concept better than anyone.

Not only that ... i know a lot of trades get totally ripped on here.   But if JB posted his trade proposal on here for OEL (with retention), Garland in exchange for our first (9th overall), plus 12ish million in wasted cap?   It would have been ripped apart. 

Pre-flat cap - Marleau 6.25 was worth around our 9th overall on its own. 

OEL at 7.5 even without bouncing back, given what others have got this off season for their first pairing D's..lol well 7.5 x 6 almost looks like a steal, as a UFA that is. 

Garland:  Well this one could have back-fired given how few games he's played.   But research what ARI fans had to say about him and what fantasy guru's are expecting of him?   Even a modest version of that turned out to be a good signing.   So far it's looked like a great signing.  

All we lost was cap space and the least impressive pick of the top ten.   A 9th overall par gauge is around 400 games.   Sure maybe he will play 1000 too.   Hmmm how many games are we going to get from Garland and OEL?   11 seasons anyways.    Plus they play TWO key positions.  

Mostly i'm stoked because we finally have a guy that plays like a true number one should.    First one since maybe two years of Jovo, and before that a playoff with Brown,  and Lumme maybe.   Ohlund probably would have been one too if he didn't lose his sight.   But never put up points really just steady - a perfect number two.    I'm also very bullish on Garland's chances to become one of our best wingers - look at his eye popping junior stats, guy has a chip on his shoulder for getting passed the first draft, and then getting picked late after blowing up the CHL.    Theo Fleury..Martin St Louis...has a chance to be the best little guy in the league.   Intangibles are showing already.    Had a goal first game that should have counted too.  

The point is pretty much any trade proposal has a chance.    Lopsided trades occur often enough.   Sure a level of realism is required - and agree if it doesn't hurt then it's not really a big trade.    JB big trade this year didn't hurt us much at all thankfully - and absolutely is turning into a great one at the same time.   But that's rare. 

• Upvote 1