The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 13, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

It’s a pattern though that has spanned several young players now. So while it may be one game with this particular player, it’s the clear pattern I have a concern with. 

Podkolzin in Abby is better than him on a 4th line in the NHL.

If and when this usage, with this player specifically, becomes a pattern, then I will share your concern.

Until then, I support Coach Green and his deployment of this roster. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Are we sure the lotto line is the best line to go back to?

Like others have said when Miller is on he’s great. He’s his own worst enemy sometimes with his fiery temper though.

Once he lets his frustrations show it seems like it’s game over for him. He just shuts down and pouts all game.

I would give Hoglander a shot on that line with Boeser back and move Miller back to center. Not sold on Dickinson anchoring the third line.

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland

Podkolzin Miller Chiasson

Highmore Dickinson Lammikko 

Agree on all those points.  Miller can sure be sloppy with passes inside the offensive blue line.  Saw that a lot last year and again tonight.  Gets bungled up there quite a bit.  Not sure if I noticed it before last season.  But yes, Dickinson anchoring the 3rd isn't really a great idea, unless you want it to sink (wa wa wa).  I like those lines.  Lots of good options to play with, that's a fun new lineup to play with fo' sho'.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Are we sure the lotto line is the best line to go back to?

Like others have said when Miller is on he’s great. He’s his own worst enemy sometimes with his fiery temper though.

Once he lets his frustrations show it seems like it’s game over for him. He just shuts down and pouts all game.

I would give Hoglander a shot on that line with Boeser back and move Miller back to center. Not sold on Dickinson anchoring the third line.

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland

Podkolzin Miller Chiasson

Highmore Dickinson Lammikko 

I don’t know if Miller would be better or worse than Dickinson anchoring the 3rd line. I am really not impressed with him as a full time center.

• Vintage 2

I said this so many times last year, and I find myself saying it again after tonight’s game… Hoglander is just awesome! Such a great blend of tenacity and skill. 

Lammikko looked solid as well. It’s only been one game but might have just landed a very good 4th line C with that trade. I personally prefer Sutter on the wing, so when he comes back I hope Lammikko manages to hold down the 4th line C spot. 

Podz looked pretty good in what little ice time he did have. I was actually shocked to see he only played 7:34 because he was noticeable every time he was on the ice. 

OEL improves our D greatly. I just think he’s a well balanced, overall good defenseman. 

Pettersson was absolutely electric tonight. It’s shocking (pun intended lol) that he didn’t end up with any points. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I think you're digging way too hard to find something to complain about.  

Boeser got benched for the first two games and he turned out just fine.  I have no problems with the way that Green treats and develops young players.  Have some faith. 

nothing wrong with making a young player earn his playing time, if Podz is as good as claimed he will be on the 3rd line soon 

2 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

I said this so many times last year, and I find myself saying it again after tonight’s game… Hoglander is just awesome! Such a great blend of tenacity and skill. 

Lammikko looked solid as well. It’s only been one game but might have just landed a very good 4th line C with that trade. I personally prefer Sutter on the wing, so when he comes back I hope Lammikko manages to hold down the 4th line C spot. 

Podz looked pretty good in what little ice time he did have. I was actually shocked to see he only played 7:34 because he was noticeable every time he was on the ice. 

OEL improves our D greatly. I just think he’s a well balanced, overall good defenseman. 

Pettersson was absolutely electric tonight. It’s shocking (pun intended lol) that he didn’t end up with any points. 

OEL is really easy to watch - I find he always does what I want him to do, smartly, quickly and calmly.  If he were a player in a video game it'd be easy.  Doesn't make me get stressed at all.  That's a high compliment.  Seems to be a very smart player.  Didn't really follow him much before, pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, good points on all the others.  Saved me typing it.

• Cheers 2

I only just caught the hi lights,.  Not bad for a first game,.   Chemistry in the works all around,.

Myers ,  beauty,   a couple more dudes playing like that when opportunity knocks..

Keith was the perfect victim,.   Please do that at home Ty.     

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I don’t know if Miller would be better or worse than Dickinson anchoring the 3rd line. I am really not impressed with him as a full time center.

Well if he can’t elevate his game with Petey then I’m not sure he deserves to be on the top line.

It seems like he’s causing plenty of turnovers as a winger. Not sure putting him at center would be too detrimental. At least he’s a better playmaker than Dickenson.

That being said we’ll see how Boeser sparks that line. It’s very possible that he’s the missing piece that makes that line go.