Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 13, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Sedinyoureyesontheprize said:

Disappointed in Garlands game today 

team game looks better though 

What are you talking about?

Garland and Hog were are only forwards generating anything offensively and both drew penalties as well I believe.

I am disappointed in our star offensive players Petey/Hughes/Miller. They did not have good games. PP#1 looked awful.

• Cheers 1

I thought that we were the better team tonight as far as posession goes.  Maybe someone with advanced stats can back me up or shoot me down.  

Dickinson and Highmore had a dynamite game with whoever was on their line... first Hoggy and then Lammikko.  I'm already liking Lammikko!  Between him, Highmore, and Motte when he gets back, we are going to have some fun fast fowards that can forecheck with the best of them.  

I honestly thought that all our d-men were excellent tonight.  We can nitpick and find one or two bad plays, but they more then made up for it with great defensive plays on McDavid, Draisatl, Hyman and Puljujarvi.  

Demko was solid.  Mike Smith was probably the best player on the ice.  

Oh and we already have the highlight of the year with the Myers hit.  Love it!  Great way to claw out a point.  

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

We lose this game by two or three goals last year. Team is faster and OEL vs Eddy is a huge difference, huge. 

Yes, good observation.  I too noticed a big improvement in our overall team speed. Getting rid of several deadwood - boat anchors in the off season really proves how bad they were.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Good effort for a season opener.
Little bit of rust still present for a few guys but that’s to be expected. 

Absolutely have to define new strategies that cater to the new faces and existing talent on this team. It’s just not acceptable considering the firepower.

Hope Green and King start to defer to OEL to run the show on the PP and provide ideas because right now we are wasting opportunities. Boeser back will help as well.

Hogz needs to be at least 3rd line but should immediately replace Chiasson. Experiment over before it began. 

More ice time for Podz please.

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2

Just now, vancan2233 said:

Best player was Smith, without his performance Canucks win 5-2. One bad goal with many robberies. This was a very entertaining game. The Canucks looked good not much to pick apart in this one. 

To be fair, without Demko, Oilers could've had atleast a couple more. I would say the goaltending cancels one another out for the most part tonight.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

What are you talking about?

Garland and Hog were are only forwards generating anything offensively and both drew penalties as well I believe.

I am disappointed in our star offensive players Petey/Hughes/Miller. They did not have good games. PP#1 looked awful.

I believe our star players may take a couple of weeks to get up to par.

• Vintage 1