The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Blackhawks trying to move Andrew Shaw's contract

On 10/15/2021 at 10:44 AM, Gnarcore said:

I would full on pull a Lindros on both Arizona and Buffalo if I was a consensus #1 and they had the pick. 

Player called Nathan Buckley pulled that $#@$ in the AFL in the late 90's.

Got drafted by the Brisbane Bears an expansion team, refused to go,wanted to go to Collingwood because he wanted to win a flag, ended up doing a deal where he played one year at Brissy then went to Collingwood.

Brisbane went on to three-peat-win three premierships in a row a few years later.

Then he went on to coach Collingwood, still never won a flag as senior coach and in the end resigned midway through last season.

Laughing my ass off that he never won a flag playing or as the senior coach.

What's the point of having a draft if the players refuse to go where they are drafted.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Player called Nathan Buckley pulled that $#@$ in the AFL in the late 90's.

Got drafted by the Brisbane Bears an expansion team, refused to go,wanted to go to Collingwood because he wanted to win a flag, ended up doing a deal where he played one year at Brissy then went to Collingwood.

Brisbane went on to three-peat-win three premierships in a row a few years later.

Then he went on to coach Collingwood, still never won a flag as senior coach and in the end resigned midway through last season.

Laughing my ass off that he never won a flag playing or as the senior coach.

What's the point of having a draft if the players refuse to go where they are drafted.

It's actually in the league rules that if a player sits out/doesn't sign there is compensation for the team who drafted them. You will be sacrificing I think 2 years of your career in the NHL (play overseas or another year in junior) but what is the point of having your career ruined in Arizona or Buffalo for up to 7 years?  At least Phoenix has nice weather and golf year round.  Buffalo is just an overall $&!#hole....a $&!#hole of such levels that Edmonton is jealous. 

7 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

It's actually in the league rules that if a player sits out/doesn't sign there is compensation for the team who drafted them. You will be sacrificing I think 2 years of your career in the NHL (play overseas or another year in junior) but what is the point of having your career ruined in Arizona or Buffalo for up to 7 years?  At least Phoenix has nice weather and golf year round.  Buffalo is just an overall $&!#hole....a $&!#hole of such levels that Edmonton is jealous. 

What I pointed out is that player didn't want to "ruin his career" and missed out on winning the equivalent of 3 cups in a row.

Then he never went on to win a flag playing or coaching.

You sound like trump,calling places $#@$holes.

Not every is as lucky as we are to live in cities that are continually voted as the top cities in the world to live in.

12 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

What I pointed out is that player didn't want to "ruin his career" and missed out on winning the equivalent of 3 cups in a row.

Then he never went on to win a flag playing or coaching.

You sound like trump,calling places $#@$holes.

Not every is as lucky as we are to live in cities that are continually voted as the top cities in the world to live in.

Luck had nothing to do with it. I chose and worked to be where I am. I grew up in a moderate $&!#hole. Both cities I named are notorious $&!#holes. Your point wasn't of concern to me in my reply. Just was pointing out the NHL has rules for such as this. I did find your point humorous though. That's some serious karma. 

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Luck had nothing to do with it. I chose and worked to be where I am. I grew up in a moderate $&!#hole. Both cities I named are notorious $&!#holes. Your point wasn't of concern to me in my reply. Just was pointing out the NHL has rules for such as this. I did find your point humorous though. That's some serious karma. 

So if you were born in the North Korea you would choose to go to Vancouver ?

And they would let you in ?

As I stated trump described places as $##$holes something I personally never would do myself.

I count myself lucky by chance of birth to be born in Melbourne in a suburb which was then a poor suburb and then by chance of adoption to live/own a ten acre farm on the outskirts of said city.

52 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

So if you were born in the North Korea you would choose to go to Vancouver ?

And they would let you in ?

As I stated trump described places as $##$holes something I personally never would do myself.

I count myself lucky by chance of birth to be born in Melbourne in a suburb which was then a poor suburb and then by chance of adoption to live/own a ten acre farm on the outskirts of said city.

Eye Roll GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Ok we're done here.  

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Eye Roll GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Ok we're done here.  

I am just pointing out you are lucky by chance of birth to be born in a country that you would not describe as a 

$@#$hole. 

I dare you to walk into the Buffalo chapter of the Hells Angels clubhouse and tell them they live in a $#@$hole 

6 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I am just pointing out you are lucky by chance of birth to be born in a country that you would not describe as a 

$@#$hole. 

I dare you to walk into the Buffalo chapter of the Hells Angels clubhouse and tell them they live in a $#@$hole 

There isn't one. :bigblush:

• Cheers 1

On 10/16/2021 at 6:44 PM, Ilunga said:

Kingsmen MC then 

I double dare you !

Also no longer a MC in Buffalo and weren't 1%ers to begin with. They had some legal battle with two clubs vying for the name and it was ruled they both had to change. I look like them and ride bikes :bigblush:

Unrelated:  it is pretty nuts how Aus went after bikers with crazy laws eh? I have mocked Australia to Australians more times than I can count. Mostly back in my scrappin' days. Those days are long gone though. I'd show the bikers respect though..after all they're not Australians. ;)

6 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Also no longer a MC in Buffalo and weren't 1%ers to begin with. They had some legal battle with two clubs vying for the name and it was ruled they both had to change. I look like them and ride bikes :bigblush:

Unrelated:  it is pretty nuts how Aus went after bikers with crazy laws eh? I have mocked Australia to Australians more times than I can count. Mostly back in my scrappin' days. Those days are long gone though. I'd show the bikers respect though..after all they're not Australians. ;)

The old school bikers I used to hang out with back in the day deserved respect,most of them.

This new breed however are a whole different story.

Some of them don't even ride motorcycles.

A member of an outlaw club settled in my hometown a while back,ice use shot through the roof,crime committed by the kids addicted to ice went through the roof.

Got no respect for stand over men and dudes that peddle ice.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:57 AM, Gnarcore said:

You ever been to Buffalo?

59 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

The old school bikers I used to hang out with back in the day deserved respect,most of them.

This new breed however are a whole different story.

Some of them don't even ride motorcycles.

A member of an outlaw club settled in my hometown a while back,ice use shot through the roof,crime committed by the kids addicted to ice went through the roof.

Got no respect for stand over men and dudes that peddle ice.

Not riding doesn't fly up here or in the US but what started as a crew of guys who lived to ride and then did the outlaw lifestyle is probably not the motivation of many these days.  Bikers are the reason meth is called crank so it's been a part of their calling card for decades in the US but I imagine it is worse in Aus these days being as isolated as you are with far less criminal elements. 

I haven't associated with that life in years and all the guys I knew are dead or well old at this point. No longer in the know.