The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers | Friday, October 15th, 2021 @ 4:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

"Head coach Travis Green said after Wednesday’s game he views Nils Höglander as a Mr. Fix-It player. “I’d like to keep Hog between 14 to 18 minutes and kind of shuffle him around because I think he can kick-start a lot of lines,” he said."

Don't quite agree with that, as he is deserving of some stability, and he clicked well with Horvat.  I suppose it's also important to know what Hogz wants. So what are your thoughts?

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, jason10009 said:

Not to mention potentially injured with the puck.  Probably just part of a warm up drill.

That's what I am thinking/hoping. Just a way to work on the hand eye, and not indicative of where he will slot on the PP.

He's out best shooter on the team, he needs to be in a shooting position. Don't see the coaching staff not putting him in one.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

With Green I can lollll. 

He still has Miller on the half wall despite having zero use there lol. 

Yeah, to me if anyone should be in front of the net looking for tip ins and garbage, it should be Miller. Big guy, with good hands who is tough to move.

Same reason Bo is great in that area/high slot.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Definitely sucks playing in 4 home openers this trip.  Oilers, Flyers, Hawks and Kraken.  Just too much time between warm up and the start of the game.  Teams are usually pretty pumped for their first home game.

Lift them up only to bring them down 

23 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

That seems smart... Put your best shooter in a position not to shoot? I honestly can't see that happening.

We have lots of good shooters, he also has really good eye / hand coordination. Having him use that to change up some shots, is not a bad idea.

29 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Yo what the hell, Green?! Why isn't our best player on a line with Miller and Petey anymore??? 

Chiasson was due for 6 goals in one game. 

GOD WHAT AN IDIOT! 

Yeah not sure what Green was thinking putting one of the slowest guys on the team (Chiasson) with Miller and Petey while pitting their line against the 2 most dominant players in the league and one of the fastest player(McDavid) in the league.

We got lucky they actually only scored once when the duo was on the ice.

• RoughGame 1