The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is the average of the members of this site?

Ohthehumanity

8 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I’ve actually taken half a bachelors degree in math and business.  It is something I do find interesting however stuff like that seems very competitive to get anywhere career wise with not much job security and I’ve heard from several people working in sports that it pays way less than a job equivalent in the real world.  Plus I’ve got my current career which is pretty fun as a pilot on a regional airline. ;)

Although what way would you get involvement in hockey to do something like that?  Just interested in case of a career change lol.

For example... 

Miles got interested in the stats side of hockey and volunteered in university at Queens to help prepare statistics for their hockey team.  He got involved in conferences that focus on analytics, interned with the Canucks one summer and I believe has been hired by the club.  

Anyways yeah some of these cool careers often don't pay that well.  Stick with your current career :) 

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

For example... 

Miles got interested in the stats side of hockey and volunteered in university at Queens to help prepare statistics for their hockey team.  He got involved in conferences that focus on analytics, interned with the Canucks one summer and I believe has been hired by the club.  

Anyways yeah some of these cool careers often don't pay that well.  Stick with your current career :) 

Cool interesting!  Yah my career is great no way I’m changing but always cool to hear other avenues.

5 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

If that stuff interests you, there's lots of proof that it can lead to a career in hockey.  

You would need just a little bit of involvement in hockey and a whole lot of stats and math.  In fact, the math that they use in hockey stats is pretty basic.  Three university courses in statistics would probably cover 99% of what you need to know. 

someone get me a job interview please.

cheeseburgers GIF