The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Extension] Charlie McAvoy 8 years

5th in voting for the Norris last year. He's overall better than Nurse ($9.25 mil) and a better defender than Makar ($9 mil) in my opinion. I am actually kind of glad that defensemen are starting to get paid. They have been horribly underpriced compared to forwards for some time now. It also makes OEL and TM contracts look a little nicer to boot. 

Edited by HomeBrew
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, khay said:

Nothing but respect.

You live your real life like you do with consistency that you have demonstrated here, man you will go places. 

Not quite.  "Real life" isn't exactly comprised of the same boomers, and troglodytes, and "#WeAreAllCanucks" merchants that reside on CDC :bigblush:

I don't need to hope for help, or be made to wonder, or even think about how nice things must be *that* often ;) 

17 minutes ago, AV. said:

Not quite.  "Real life" isn't exactly comprised of the same boomers, and troglodytes, and "#WeAreAllCanucks" merchants that reside on CDC :bigblush:

I don't need to hope for help, or be made to wonder, or even think about how nice things must be *that* often ;) 

You sure are a whiner aren't you? Clearly your parents never told you this so I'll step in and do it for them, "You need to grow up".

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, AV. said:

Thing is…

No.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, thrago said:

You sure are a whiner aren't you? Clearly your parents never told you this so I'll step in and do it for them, "You need to grow up".

I can practically taste the projection coming off in your post.  Not a good look.

Hope this helps.

35 minutes ago, AV. said:

If the residents of CDC are such a problem for you, might I suggest Hfboards?

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, AV. said:

No idea what you are talking.

But keep at it. You are good very good.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

9.5 million per year for a player thats never had a full season or topped 32 points. Holy crackers.

He's a good player, but he's not Hedman.

They overpaid by a ton.  Its almost as if teams are trying hard to convince themselves that these guys are more valuable than they are.  

1 hour ago, HomeBrew said:

5th in voting for the Norris last year. He's overall better than Nurse ($9.25 mil) and a better defender than Makar ($9 mil) in my opinion. I am actually kind of glad that defensemen are starting to get paid. They have been horribly underpriced compared to forwards for some time now. It also makes OEL and TM contracts look a little nicer to boot. 

The eastern teams, especially American, are going to naturally get more votes.  The guys voting aren't staying up and watching western teams play.  

This isnt new.  

13 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

The eastern teams, especially American, are going to naturally get more votes.  The guys voting aren't staying up and watching western teams play.  

This isnt new.  

Still voted 4th best in the East behind Adam Fox, Victor Hedman and Dougie Hamilton for the year... If you have ever bothered to watch McAvoy play, he is better than anything we currently have. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

5th in Norris voting last year and 10th the year before that. He might just be worth it.

27 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

Still voted 4th best in the East behind Adam Fox, Victor Hedman and Dougie Hamilton for the year... If you have ever bothered to watch McAvoy play, he is better than anything we currently have. 

Thanks.

Guy is a top 5-10 D in the league. Karlsson and Doughty set the bar for top UFA D at $11m+ like 3 years ago.

One could argue this IS a discount.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, AV. said:

Another day, another star signed to 8 years.

Must.  Be.  Nice.

I'm pretty sure you would complain if we did an 8 year year with Pettersson or Hughes since they'd have a higher cap hit up front. In fact, you already kind of have when you talked about the money of Hughes' 6 year deal. It would have been higher if it were 8 years.

Must... Be... Nice...to... complain... about.... everything...  (although I'm sure you love the extra attention right?) ;)

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'm pretty sure you would complain if we did an 8 year year with Pettersson or Hughes since they'd have a higher cap hit up front. In fact, you already kind of have when you talked about the money of Hughes' 6 year deal. It would have been higher if it were 8 years.

Must... Be... Nice...to... complain... about.... everything...  (although I'm sure you love the extra attention right?) ;)

Nah.  8 year deals are cool.  As for the bolded, I'd love to know where and when that happened.

Just now, AV. said:

Nah.  8 year deals are cool.  As for the bolded, I'd love to know where and when that happened.

Rasmus Dahlin's contract thread when you claimed that Hughes contract would be not what we'd expect. Then you claimed that people didn't expect it to be as high as it was.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Rasmus Dahlin's contract thread when you claimed that Hughes contract would be not what we'd expect. Then you claimed that people didn't expect it to be as high as it was.

Right.  So an observation/correct prediction = complaint now.  Gotcha.