The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

People automatically call it being "benched" and a negative but maybe, just maybe, Green's smarter than you think.

Kid scored his first...let him leave this game (whatever the outcome) on a high and knowing he contributed, big time.  

If the game went sideways, it might take away from it for him.  Let him sit and savour it...watch the other guys finish it out.

I'm ok with this.  Developing a player doesn't always mean play him until you have a REASON to bench him.  Work him in slowly and don't rush things.

totally agree, green has made statements to this.

green also like playing his defensive forwards when defending, he benches his scoring first bottom 9 players.

4 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Nah, nobody’s going to remember it was even a shootout.  It’s different if the Canucks lose that would be tough.   Podz goal will be played over and over in highlight reels.  A wins a win.  

Fair enough. And what a snipe it was. :wub:

1 minute ago, Nurnge said:

is it just me or does Cory Hirsh talk too much while the play is going on ? thought at some point Shorthouse would say something . Other than that great to see  Pods get his first and Demko get his first win of the year . everybody played well looking forward to tomorrows game 

Shorty's hints were too subtle for Hirsch. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

What a gutsy win by the kids tonight. Reffs did everything they could to take that win away and give the home crowd something to cheer about. They could have come out flat and defeated, but they came out swinging in OT.

Horvat is such a beast, man are we lucky to have him. Garland is going to be a fan favorite here for a long time. Watching him skate is just a thing of beauty. Thought the D looked good tonight, Hughes has had a really solid start to this year. OEL and Myers were both solid. Pod was looking really good for the time he was playing. Not entirely sure why he was benched, didn't look like a liability to me.

Love this team, I'm such a huge fan of what Benning has come up with this year. That OEL/Garland trade may go down as one of his best moves as GM once everything's said and done. OEL looks like a new man.

That trade was a complete scam job. 

How do you get a legit first pairing D with retained salary and a top 6 winger with a bunch of anchor contracts and a first rounder.. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Wow what a shootout. 

JTs move was amazing. 

I would normally be ecstatic but that was such a bush league job by the refs and the NHL. 

There's something wrong with the sport when Hirsh says Canucks have to be careful because they are up 4-2 with a PP opps advantage and that refs are looking to make a call on them. 

Canucks need to bear down during those times. I thought that's why we went with vets? 

Hirsch made me miss John Garrett - less Hirsch please...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

That trade was a complete scam job. 

How do you get a legit first pairing D with retained salary and a top 6 winger with a bunch of anchor contracts and a first rounder.. 

That’s how the Coyotes role.  And why they are roadkill!  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

That is NOT what some of the CDC posters thought tonight early.

They went hella quiet as the game went on.

I hope they are reflecting how wrong AF they are about that solid player. 

Yea JT has his moments but he is a heart and soul guy 

• Cheers 1