The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, JM_ said:

the puck hit him and he sold it too. Again, the benefit went to the team with the home opener.

Or, more likely, he reacted to getting hit by the puck rather than trying to “sell it”. I have been hit in the face with both sticks and pucks. The reaction is automatic. If a players stick is head level for any reason, he is begging to get called. Careless move by OEL there and he paid for it. 

It had nothing to do with officiating bias or home team benefits at all. Only a homer Canucks fan would believe that. 

• RoughGame 1

That game was actually pretty fairly officiated from my perspective. There are times where you can see game management for sure. Last nights game I saw none of that to give the officials credit.

There is a difference between identifying game management and simply making excuses for your own team not being able to close a game out.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JM_ said:

good game tho, should have won it in regulation if not for the "management", dominated OT, exposed Hart. He's not ready for the big job yet.

For sure a good game.   If we are going to enjoy shot clocks of 35 plus per side a game all year you won't see me complaining often (as long as their shots (bad guys) are low percentage).    I loved how we kept McDavid and Drasaitl chances down in game one, and we outplayed them 5 x 5 which since we are talking about PPs is why we got more (we drew more - and they should have called one on Yamamoto for holding Horvats stick too)...

This team has the same feel as the one we had when Miller and Myers first arrived .... with the extra feeling that our core should be emerging soon.   One of the better rosters we have had in a long time.   Has an early 90's feel to it - blended with when Luongo first came as well.   Still missing a key player or two.   But good enough to do some damage which in league parity is enough if things go our way.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

For sure a good game.   If we are going to enjoy shot clocks of 35 plus per side a game all year you won't see me complaining often (as long as their shots are low percentage).    I loved how we kept McDavid and Drasaitl chances down in game one, and we outplayed them 5 x 5 which since we are talking about PPs is why we got more (we drew more - and they should have called one on Yamamoto for holding Horvats stick too)...

This team has the same feel as the one we had when Miller and Myers first arrived .... with the extra feeling that our core should be emerging soon.   One of the better rosters we have had in a long time.   Has an early 90's feel to it - blended with when Luongo first came as well.   Still missing a key player or two.   But good enough to do some damage which in league parity is enough if things go our way.   

If all the parts can be put together properly and maybe a top flight RD is added, this could be a good team capable of doing some damage.

I think it needs better coaching to get over the hump and also more pushback. But it should be an exciting team to watch. 

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

If all the parts can be put together properly and maybe a top flight RD is added, this could be a good team capable of doing some damage.

I think it needs better coaching to get over the hump and also more pushback. But it should be an exciting team to watch. 

As long as Green has the room, he's my favourite colour - don't tend to worry about "why is that guy playing with whom and why did that guy get Megna minutes while that guy just scored his first goal and got benched " sort of stuff.  I'm not in the dressing room and i'm not a pro hockey player.    But agree it's a fun team to watch and i'm excited for the season.    We don't have BB, Sutter, Motte or Hamonic.    It's like early November started early.     No complaints so far. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Shaw was brought in specifically because the X's and O's were a problem.  Unfortunately, we're still following Baumgartner's idiotic strategy of putting absolutely zero pressure on the opponents in our own zone. If he listened to the actually qualified coach instead of the incompetent clown who sabotaged the D during his entire tenure here, he might have a slightly longer leash.  As it is, we've lost a promising young power forward on waivers due to Green's plug love.

6 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

good for you romanp but you dont get it just like all the others.

for you there is an advantage and thats okay and for me there is no measurable advantage which is 100% true.

in football i said my coach didnt take timeouts very often why? because we were winning and timeouts in football stop the clock not something your looking to do too often except maybe you need 1 more play in the second half. you can call a timeout if the ball isn't downed out of bounds.

as for your comments I already answered these exact same questions did you not read them or is your motive more devious?

but here maybe you were actually just not paying attention quite well.

this thing about killing momentum is not measurable, so you cannot argue that this a real strategy. Trust me just because your whole life you were taught something doesnt mean its true. if i were to take you seriously prove to me this momentum even exists, you won't be able to so don't bother. you probably don't understand that we can both be right even if i try to prove that doesnt exist. Momentum is nothing more than a idea realistically its bullcrap, once you understand that its bullcrap it doesnt exist anymore. as long as you believe it is entirely true just like superstitions

giving your players a little breather is not an advantage, OMG my dude, everyone gets the break. there is ZERO advantage.

your making adjustments argument the exact same thing, there is zero advantage, because the other team is also allowed the exact same opputunity, please prove to me how this is exclusively the team that made the timeouts advantage. You actually again won't be able to, because it doesn't exist. Zero advantage

There is many reasons to call a timeout but you wont gain an advantage unless there is reasons to stop the clock or maybe gain a positional advantage. 

so sorry to say RomanP you proved absolutely nothing

All I can say is lol

9 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

The way he fired that shot; clearly Podkolzin eats his spinach? What a shot! Yes only 7 minutes, but he also got shifts with Petey and Miller?  The rest will come.

LOL, Google translated quote from this article...

Podkolzin must correctly perceive the situation and in no case hang his nose.  :lol:

They are clearly translating the slang verbatim :-). Very familiar with that saying in Russian. It has the same meaning as “keep your chin up”.

38 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Or, more likely, he reacted to getting hit by the puck rather than trying to “sell it”. I have been hit in the face with both sticks and pucks. The reaction is automatic. If a players stick is head level for any reason, he is begging to get called. Careless move by OEL there and he paid for it. 

It had nothing to do with officiating bias or home team benefits at all. Only a homer Canucks fan would believe that. 

"more likely"? based on what? 

he totally sold it, Hirsh pointed that out right away.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, IBatch said:

For sure a good game.   If we are going to enjoy shot clocks of 35 plus per side a game all year you won't see me complaining often (as long as their shots (bad guys) are low percentage).    I loved how we kept McDavid and Drasaitl chances down in game one, and we outplayed them 5 x 5 which since we are talking about PPs is why we got more (we drew more - and they should have called one on Yamamoto for holding Horvats stick too)...

I'm hoping Boeser is just out with a pre-season minor strain of some kind, if he's back soon things start getting pretty hard to handle for the opposition game planning. Motte would be nice to see too, to replace Dowling, With Lammikko looking like a nice 4C add we don't need Dowling over Motte. 

• Vintage 1

8 hours ago, IBatch said:

Thanks Spook ... had the absolute pleasure to watch that live with my brother, who loves the Canucks probably more then i do which is hard to do - first time since we watched a live game just before covid started and because of covid was restricted for travel to meet up ... it was awesome.   Didn't even know it was Keith taking the hit at first ... loved that no penalty on the play, loved that we got the PP, refs got it right.    Myers was awesome in the bubble - sure he's prone to gaffs, so was Edler (with Hamonic out too bad we didn't re-sign him for the third pairing and PK!!)...Last night he made a great play to help Podz get his first goal.   Guys like Myers often age like fine wine - i'm sure he will get another deal once he's done this contract too.   Cheers! 

Fabulous.... that hit alone would have been worth the admissions fee on its own. Lets hope we see a few more like that....starting with Rat boy, and them Matheson. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I got hit by a puck in the eye in almost the exact play and it was a pretty serious injury.  It doesn't take much for a puck to do serious damage