The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

25 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Shove it up your ugly ass, refs. &^@# off. Demko deserved better. Podkolzin's 1st goal is gonna be over shadowed by that nonsense.

Nah, nobody’s going to remember it was even a shootout.  It’s different if the Canucks lose that would be tough.   Podz goal will be played over and over in highlight reels.  A wins a win.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

what? our football team won 2 provincial championships and we never took a timeout ever, there is reasons to not take timeouts. like maybe our team is conditioned better than other teams, you know green makes them do the bag skates for a reason right?

Never took a timeout in football? I believe you but wow... Sometimes wish the NFL was like that at the end of games. Anecdotal evidence aside, of course there are reasons to not take timeouts just as there are reasons to take them such as being tired or on tilt as I mentioned. The nucks doing the bag skate is great but doesnt necessarily mean they are better conditioned then every team at every point in every game (for example after a 2 min shift trapped in your own end and you ice it). I dont think well agree here, two differing opinions I guess. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

What a first goal as well. The snipe we all knew he had. Nobody should be worried about his icetime. If any kid knows what he should expect when just entering the NHL, It will be podzzzzzz. Big year for him i can tell. Come mid season..... Oh man this team is showing its potential of what it can do. The foundation is there:towel:

But we haven't gotten Sutter back yet :P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Wow what a shootout. 

JTs move was amazing. 

I would normally be ecstatic but that was such a bush league job by the refs and the NHL. 

There's something wrong with the sport when Hirsh says Canucks have to be careful because they are up 4-2 with a PP opps advantage and that refs are looking to make a call on them. 

Canucks need to bear down during those times. I thought that's why we went with vets? 

Drink booze and be happy.  And numb to the stupid refs!  :lol:

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

What an emotional rollercoaster.

So happy for Podkolzin! Queue the stapled to the bench comments for scoring a goal lol.

Seriously though we had such a strong third period. I haven’t seen us play so well defensively in a long time. What’s crap is it looks like we blew a lead again. I’m still fired up on those calls at the end of the game.

At the end of the day we got what we deserved. A WIN. Demko held the fort in the first and we got better as the game went on. Not easy playing a home opener with actual fans. 

I thought that was one of the better 3rds I've seen from this team. Two really bad calls and a bad bounce withstanding.

OT was a clinic and Demko has been fantastic, 2 goals tonight off seriously unlucky bounces .

Shorty said Brock is 100% back tomorrow.

I think Myers has been fantastic and him and OEL seem like a great fit.

Anyone know the last time we outshot teams twice in a row?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Had a chance to calm down. I am sorry for being so negative but I just don’t like the sitting back when we have a lead. Good on them for getting the win. I just really want them to win in convincing fashion and we have seen them blow leads before. I need to start to think more positively so I have to give the team a chance. Just hard when you see reoccurring things that caused so many losses from last year. Positive thoughts.

We as fans just have soo much emotion when it comes to this team. Some of you guys have been watching for decades, I totally understand. Homer glasses are not needed, But as a fanbase we need to start praising the positives more then the negatives. Truly believe it will have a great effect on the team! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Definitely want to see Hamonic and Boeser back sooner than later.

Poolman doesn't look bad with Hughes but he looks pretty good with OEL. It will allow Myers to play with Rathbone too.

Boeser in would be Hoglander drops to the 3rd line and you could pair him with Pod. Hog/Pod > Gaud/Virtanen. You'd also have Dick playing down the middle.

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Our depth is fantastic, and we have elite skill that is exceptional.  

Way we played keep away in ot was dynamite. Considering we don't have boeser people gotta be real excited. Also I kept hearing all summer how bad oel was but he has looked superb 

• Vintage 2

27 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Myers had another good game today. Set up Podz and was solid defensively.

Yup. 

He brought the puck in with speed and drew the defender and dished it off to Podz and took the defender with him. 

He was a bit high up and lost coverage on that one goal but there was definitely more positives than negatives in his game. 

12 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Podkolzin gets benched for scoring and thinks he’s back in Russia. That’ll teach him, Russia’s not the only place that knows the meaning of... Green’s Gulag. 

No way Jose.  

Podkolzin just played in his SECOND NHL game.  He's doing just fine and Green's playing him when he can.  You can judge his deployment when we are at home and he gets the last change.  

People the most upset about Podkolzin's deployment are the few fans that think that shoving young players out there makes them better players no matter what. 

Just now, Alienhuggyflow said:

I thought that was one of the better 3rds I've seen from this team. Two really bad calls and a bad bounce withstanding.

OT was a clinic and Demko has been fantastic, 2 goals tonight off seriously unlucky bounces .

Shorty said Brock is 100% back tomorrow.

I think Myers has been fantastic and him and OEL seem like a great fit.

Anyone know the last time we outshot teams twice in a row?

Great points. Definitely agree. I see a team that’s a lot more on the same page and we have quite a bit more talent this year. It’s going to be a great year and a battle to the playoffs 

is it just me or does Cory Hirsh talk too much while the play is going on ? thought at some point Shorthouse would say something . Other than that great to see  Pods get his first and Demko get his first win of the year . everybody played well looking forward to tomorrows game 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Anyone ever get the feeling the refs just have to be involved in making the game interesting. Flyers were down and they were just searching for a penalty against the Canucks. Flyers should have been penalized a lot more but it was just let go. It just seems that they pick and choose.

We all know, and it was confirmed by that ref last year (who got fired) that the refs are told to “manage” the games.  In other words, if possible call penalties to help the home team if they are losing.  Please the fans that paid to be in th3 rink.  

• Cheers 2