The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16th, 2021 | SNP, 4:00PM PT

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 minute ago, GB5 said:

What's with Detroit always pulling helmets off? Must not like the td stickers either

yeah I thought that that was an automatic penalty... 4 times already with nothing

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

*Controversial opinion*

One thing about Petey and why I'm ok with him getting a 3 year contract is that he hasn't gotten any better since his rookie year. We were hoping for a ppg+ superstar after that first year and it just hasn't happened yet.

When you get crazy amount of ozone starts and 1:30+ pp time every powerplay, the team needs their top players to be ppg+. Otherwise, they should only play 1:10 of each pp and switch to the 2nd unit.

Not that controversial. He is a bit stronger on his skate now though but he hasn't improved as much as we had hoped.

The problem with PP with Miller being the primary puck handler and he's no Henrik Sedin.

The best puck handler and passer should be running the PP off the half wall. Miller is not the best puck handler nor the best passer. This is a coaching issue and hopefully should be fixed soon.

2 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

I don't think I've been this fuming mad at ref since 2011 an these refs tonight are an absolute disgrace to hockey I wouldn't trust them to call a novice game 

Bad officiating is the one thing every team has to deal with in the nhl. Its endemic.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Would have won if the refs had conducted themselves like professionals and called an honest game.

Honestly we need to stop blaming the refs since our PP is trash and our PK gives up goals easily. I blame the coaching for that one not refs. We dont even use Chiasson properly anymore, since he needs to be screening the goalie not coming to the side. 

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol greiss literally have to do nothing.. every year every game canuck plays against backup they all look like a vezina goalie i've posted about it every time we play a backup goalie.. and and we have a 80-90% losing rate against them with god knows how many shut out in the last 5-6 season

He made a handful of top notch saves but most were wristers from 40 feet no traffic at all.

49 minutes ago, gregthehockeynut said:

Anaheim is paying Grant 1.5 mil I don't think we could fit that under the cap unless Sutter is done. It seems like Sutter has never fully recovered from that sports hernia

surgery, I was surprised they resigned him at all.

Waive Dowling and Petan that's $1.5m. Boeser draws back in and we have 13 forwards.

3 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

this game should've been a W. No Larkin against a bad defensive team. 

Yeah but sadly we were playing 2 teams tonight and second half of a back to back. Games like this are why refs should have to answer media. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Same story as last year and I am tired of hearing we played great. Big deal. No points to a team we should of beat. These are the points that come back to haunt you and we always give them up.

I think we're better than last season, every team loses games, we'll probably win some we don't deserve to as well. It's all good, it's hockey in front of a live audience.

1 minute ago, khay said:

Not that controversial. He is a bit stronger on his skate now though but he hasn't improved as much as we had hoped.

The problem with PP with Miller being the primary puck handler and he's no Henrik Sedin.

The best puck handler and passer should be running the PP off the half wall. Miller is not the best puck handler nor the best passer. This is a coaching issue and hopefully should be fixed soon.

They need to start changing the PP and do something new. Otherwise we will keep losing games due to special teams being crap.

• Wat 1