The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning's Son Attacked In Yaletown

-DLC-

1 hour ago, Maginator said:

Disgusting.

I'm going to assume this was targeted. This crap rarely happens for no reason at all.

This is when sport goes too far. I hope these 4 get beat themselves when they're locked in a cell.

I dunno.

I worked clubs on Granville for years. I have seen hundreds of fights, many unprovoked and many outnumbered situations.

Targeted or not I hope these pieces of s**t get theirs. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Sad side of the Olympic that we experienced when there was the massive crowds was some of these gutless types randomly attacking people.

We were calling them the one punch olympics because we would see poor people getting sucker punched and dropped. 

At a Bar watch meeting I was asked by the police to let my doorstaff intervene if we saw an officer getting overwhelmed as some of the situations were scary. We had to do just that a couple times just to help break up big fights.

Stories that go untold from what really was an amazing time for Vancouver. But make no mistake, this element exists in the DT core. Unfortunately, and not unlike the 2011 riots, it was usually twits that came in from the surrounding areas. 

• Vintage 1

Why are so many people jumping the gun and assuming it was a targeted attack because of who their dad is? Y'all do know random attacks happen all the time right? For all we know they were all in the club and someone bumped someone and words were exchanged, which escalated outside of the club. 

• Cheers 3
  • RoughGame 1

How would they even know it's Bennings kid? Most people in this city don't even know what Benning looks like, let alone his kid.

"Clubbing" is still macho-fueled garbage where people get in fist fights daily. Until the police say something otherwise I'm gonna say drunken words were slurred inside and then they got jumped.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Why are so many people jumping the gun and assuming it was a targeted attack because of who their dad is? Y'all do know random attacks happen all the time right? For all we know they were all in the club and someone bumped someone and words were exchanged, which escalated outside of the club. 

That’s likely.  But 4 on one (and attacking the girl) is chicken sh*t cowardly.  These four guys need to go to prison.  

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

How would they even know it's Bennings kid? Most people in this city don't even know what Benning looks like, let alone his kid.

"Clubbing" is still macho-fueled garbage where people get in fist fights daily. Until the police say something otherwise I'm gonna say drunken words were slurred inside and then they got jumped.

Likely, but 4 on 1, and attacking a girl too!  These four guys are serious cowards who would piss themselves if in a fair fight. These are Losers who should be put down.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Likely, but 4 on 1, and attacking a girl too!  These four guys are serious cowards who would piss themselves if in a fair fight. These are Losers who should be put down.  

I agree it's cowardly but it's not something surprising around the club scene, especially in downtown Vancouver.

2 hours ago, Maginator said:

Disgusting.

I'm going to assume this was targeted. This crap rarely happens for no reason at all.

This is when sport goes too far. I hope these 4 get beat themselves when they're locked in a cell.

Really ? I would be surprised if it's targeted. This actually happens all the time in Yaletown.. A few times a night on the weekend, sad but true.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Sad side of the Olympic that we experienced when there was the massive crowds was some of these gutless types randomly attacking people.

We were calling them the one punch olympics because we would see poor people getting sucker punched and dropped. 

At a Bar watch meeting I was asked by the police to let my doorstaff intervene if we saw an officer getting overwhelmed as some of the situations were scary. We had to do just that a couple times just to help break up big fights.

Stories that go untold from what really was an amazing time for Vancouver. But make no mistake, this element exists in the DT core. Unfortunately, and not unlike the 2011 riots, it was usually twits that came in from the surrounding areas. 

That's one way to welcome and introduce the world to your city isn't it?

17 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

As someone who's lived in multiple countries, most of the fake tough guy macho crap I've seen is in Vancouver. 

I've been to other more populated cities in the US with a vibrant nightlife without nearly as much random violence as this city.

It's really weird to me. The people here are more polite than any other place I've been to, but the scumbags here are amongst the worst.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

That's one way to welcome and introduce the world to your city isn't it?

Overall Vancouver did a great job with the Olympics but when you have that many people squished on one street, things happen.

One of the reasons I dont like that Vancouver encouraged putting all the clubs on Granville is the violence. I know they want an entertainment district vibe but spreading the clubs out like it was in the 90's seemed to work better.

Another general problem is that all the clubs let out at the same time. If they allowed venues to stay open all night , you wouldn't get teams of drunken fools all pouring out on the the street at once. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, buddhahoodlum said:

"Before you dismiss
A case such as this
I'd like to say a few words, listen
I did it for love
What more can I say"

I guess they didn't like what was said