The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ZADINA THE GIANT BABY CALLS GARLAND A MIDGET WHO IS NOT STRONG IN CORNERS

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

Back in the Yzerman Lidstrom playing days Detroit played tough but honest and exciting hockey. 

I always appreciated their honest work ethic and pure form, I hope they are not starting a regression from that by resorting to name calling and after the whistle cheap shots. To me that is not Red Wing hockey.

3 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Back in the Yzerman Lidstrom playing days Detroit played tough but honest and exciting hockey. 

I always appreciated their honest work ethic and pure form, I hope they are not starting a regression from that by resorting to name calling and after the whistle cheap shots. To me that is not Red Wing hockey.

I actually feel like we're approaching that "tough but honest" area in Vancouver. We might not be at the same level the Red Wings were during their time, but we have a lot of hard workers on the team now that clearly make things tough for the opponent.

I really think this is something that should help us come playoff time a lot. If we already have the drive with some of our players, I can imagine that drive being contagious.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

I actually feel like we're approaching that "tough but honest" area in Vancouver. We might not be at the same level the Red Wings were during their time, but we have a lot of hard workers on the team now that clearly make things tough for the opponent.

I really think this is something that should help us come playoff time a lot. If we already have the drive with some of our players, I can imagine that drive being contagious.

It seems like the message is standing up for one another finally

It so irritated me as early as last year BB and others skating away after seeing EP or QH dumped like they never saw it happen or not my problem attitude

So far it seems like a tougher team mentality and getting involved

• Cheers 2

20 hours ago, Slegr said:

In all honesty, there should be a fine for using the word midget in that way. It’s an offensive term nowadays. Even a $5K fine would send the right message.

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Lol. Are u serious?

Edited by cuporbust
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Me_ said:

5’10”

Google says....

Mike Tyson/Height
 1.78m 
That converts to 5'8" according to their converter. 

Maybe they have the wrong info?

Edit :I'll answer my own question, the google is wrong ! on their conversion, 1.78m is 5'10" ....my bad. Did more digging and there is a bit more to this, apparently people have said he has fibbed about his height for a while and claim he is shorter than 5'10" ...anyway Zadina is a punk. 

Edit 2: ahhh, Dumb Bish gets it now, the google convert is a % of a foot at so it show 5.839895

Edited by bishopshodan

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

I’d say midget is nowhere near the N word, but on the same level as calling someone retarded. 

The fact we are debating this in depth is hilarious to me. He called him a midget.  Who cares . The M word? Is this thread for real? 

" well, connor is a little shorter than some other players , so he may suffer some kind of personal trama from this " right ? 

Wow

Screenshot_20211018-153445_Facebook.jpg

Edited by cuporbust
  • Haha 2

I think it’s a compliment in a way.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/midget

midget (plural midgets)

1. (originally) A little sandfly.
    Although tiny and just two-winged, midgets can bite you till you itch all over your unprotected skin.
  2. (loosely) Any small swarming insect similar to the mosquito; a midge.
  3. (sometimes offensive) A normally proportioned person with small stature, usually defined as reaching an adult height less than 4'10". [from later 19th c.]
  4. (sometimes offensive) Any short person.
  5. (attributively) A small version of something; miniature.

if he takes it as the the first two definitions.  He’s a little pest and proud of it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I can think of a word that is just as offensive that has alternate meanings of "slit", "crack", or "gap", and rhymes with "rink", used to describe people who share my heritage.  The "N" word is bad, but it's nowhere near the "single most offensive", because anything involving racial undertones is just as bad.

I said arguably, and stand behind it.

2 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Is this really how pathetic our society is now ?  Articles written about zedina , and possible discipline for a hockey player calling another hockey player that?  Who cares. 

Decent people. Decent people care if they are using derogatory terms and racial slurs. What's really pathetic is people, peticularly young people, who refuse to acknowledge that society has shifted to the point we actually care about those around us. That's what is pathetic.

• RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I can think of a word that is just as offensive that has alternate meanings of "slit", "crack", or "gap", and rhymes with "rink", used to describe people who share my heritage.  The "N" word is bad, but it's nowhere near the "single most offensive", because anything involving racial undertones is just as bad.

I'm Irish.  You ever use the word "leprechaun"?  Ever herd of someone getting crucified for saying " drunken Irishman"? Just curious if this applies to everyone ? 

6 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Decent people. Decent people care if they are using derogatory terms and racial slurs. What's really pathetic is people, peticularly young people, who refuse to acknowledge that society has shifted to the point we actually care about those around us. That's what is pathetic.

No, it's shifted to the other ridiculous extreme. That's pathetic. 

Hard times create strong people.  Strong people create easy times. Easy times create weak people.  Rinse,  repete . 

Edited by cuporbust
  • RoughGame 1

15 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

If this was true , connor mcgregor wouldn't be one of the biggest superstars in sports . I can't stand that extreme either,  but don't tell me human nature has changed . 

• RoughGame 1

6 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

It was a dumb post(s) of mine.  I got fired up in the moment as I was typing those “criminal charges against Zadina” posts.

It’s ok, we all go overboard in reacting to a situation sometimes, especially so for one that hits close to home due to our own experiences. It’s a good thing to be able to admit you got it wrong and is a trait more people need to have. I can only speak for myself, but for me I find if I’m ever feeling a strong negative emotion such as fear, anger or sadness (to name a few, there are many more) I tend to not react appropriately to whatever situation has caused that emotion. I do better when I take time to process instead of reacting right away. When I react instantly is usually when I end up being wrong.

Like for example the one time I got in a road rage situation being stuck behind someone driving 10-20 km/h below the speed limit. I was late and felt frustrated, but in hindsight potentially putting other people at risk by increasing the likelihood of an accident caused by myself or the other driver was the wrong response and made things worse. I haven’t been in a road rage incident since then. We all make mistakes, as long as we can learn from them that’s the important part and what makes us become better people for it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2