The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Travis Hamonic placed on temporary leave of absence (Update: Hamonic will report to Vancouver)

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Wondering why they even put him on temp LOA, if he was this close to returning for all the speculation they knew it would cause?

Don't they keep in touch with Hamonic or his agent?

Did passing through waivers maybe awaken him that there were no takers or interest?

Also, did putting  him on temp leave with no pay actually speed up his decision to report?

Maybe he comes back with undisclosed injury and insurance covers him?

This has been very bizarre and would not surprize me

28 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Wondering why they even put him on temp LOA, if he was this close to returning for all the speculation they knew it would cause?

Don't they keep in touch with Hamonic or his agent?

Did passing through waivers maybe awaken him that there were no takers or interest?

Also, did putting  him on temp leave with no pay actually speed up his decision to report?

Maybe he comes back with undisclosed injury and insurance covers him?

This has been very bizarre and would not surprize me

or maybe he used the leave of absence to sort out his issues?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

On 10/27/2021 at 5:31 PM, RU SERIOUS said:

Well said and I agree that when green & Co. are gone in the near future, we will likely see dramatic output improvements from this group provided we replace them with NHL experienced coaching rather than the AHL/ECHL minor league coaching we've seen during the last painful years.

Watch Green stay for the next 10 years and bring in a couple of Cup.

I want you to eat your words for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• Haha 2

On 10/29/2021 at 8:03 PM, tas said:

is motte's ltir retroactive to the beginning of the season?

Most likely.

They had to put him on LTIR for cap reasons.  After Hamonic was activated they only had 75K in cap space left and had several players questionable to play.  By putting Motte on LTIR, it increased their cap space to 1.3M which then allowed them to recall Petan.  

24 minutes ago, gurn said:

What and why?

Well ppl were speculating that Hamonic is an antivaxxer and that's why he wasn't reporting to the team. Meanwhile JB stated that Hamonic is out with personal issues and team is fully supportive of him. 

Latest footage shows  Hamonic practicing with other players. 

Based on what's the Canucks have previously said about everyone requiring vaccine it seems highly likely that Hamonic is also vaccinated. 

I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

• Upvote 1