Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tampa Bay doing what they gotta do to continue the dynasty...

Rate this topic


HKSR

Recommended Posts

Tampa is already almost $8 million into LTIR so they were cap compliant to open the season with Kucherov on the roster.  So this injury must be legit.  

 

However, he is probably enjoying not having to play in the regular season and come in fresh for the playoffs, so this may be an annual thing for him...

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

If the Canucks were doing this, Bettman and the NHL would have penalized the Canucks in some form or fashion. 

 

Carey Price's newfound mental health issues + Marc Bergevin's Oscar winning performance, also lends me to believe that other teams have taken note of Tampa Bay's antics and will now be following suit.  

  • Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

If the Canucks were doing this, Bettman and the NHL would have penalized the Canucks in some form or fashion. 

 

Carey Price's newfound mental health issues + Marc Bergevin's Oscar winning performance, also lends me to believe that other teams have taken note of Tampa Bay's antics and will now be following suit.  

A little too far bro.

 

Mental issues are not to be taken lightly.

 

If they needed to fake an injury, they could've gone with so many other issues, for example, his hip has been a problem for a while now.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

This is becoming comical.  They are making a mockery of the system regardless if it's technically legal or not. 

Hard not to think this won't be addressed at the annual GM meetings this year. 

There was no mockery last season already.

 

The NHL investigates every LTIR cases.  He had a labrum tear in his hip - it's a 5 to 6 month recovery time.  There were several players who have underwent the same surgery just this past year.  Pastrnak, Seguin, Rask and Beaulieu.  

 

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand anyone who seriously believes that Tampa would prevent arguably their best player and one of the best talents in the world to sit out before relying on him to carry them through the most brutal and demanding postseason of any sport once, let alone twice in a row. It seems like they're just mad because Kucherov is so good that he can come back after half a year recovering from a significant injury and still be better than everyone when it matters the most. The level of dominance he showed in the last two Playoffs is nothing short of spectacular; he's doing what Kane did in the first half of the 2010s. 

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, khay said:

A little too far bro.

 

Mental issues are not to be taken lightly.

 

If they needed to fake an injury, they could've gone with so many other issues, for example, his hip has been a problem for a while now.

 

Completely agreed that mental health issues are not to be taken lightly.  My best wishes to Price and his loved ones if he actually is going through this.  All I’m saying is that I wouldn’t be surprised if there was foul play going on, given Tampa Bay’s gross cap circumvention tactics (followed by Kucherov rubbing it in all of our faces with his “18 million over the cap” t-shirt).   
 

My apologies in advance if Price’s issues are legit and I’ll take ownership of my error in the future.  For now though, I personally believe that we shouldn’t rule out foul play.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I don't understand anyone who seriously believes that Tampa would prevent arguably their best player and one of the best talents in the world to sit out before relying on him to carry them through the most brutal and demanding postseason of any sport once, let alone twice in a row. It seems like they're just mad because Kucherov is so good that he can come back after half a year recovering from a significant injury and still be better than everyone when it matters the most. The level of dominance he showed in the last two Playoffs is nothing short of spectacular; he's doing what Kane did in the first half of the 2010s. 

Even without Kucherov, Tampa is a damned good team.  You hit the nail on the head though.  Kucherov is the type of guy that can be better than most players after “””have a year of recovering””” (nudge nudge wink wink).  Playing wise, absolutely....Kucherov is doing what Pat Kane did in the early 2010’s.  That’s where the comparison ends however.  As much as we might dislike those early 2010 Chicago teams, they were a team full of integrity.  Pat Kane is a man of character and integrity as well.  I’m not so sure that the same can be said about Tampa “New England Patriots” Bay Lightning.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Completely agreed that mental health issues are not to be taken lightly.  My best wishes to Price and his loved ones if he actually is going through this.  All I’m saying is that I wouldn’t be surprised if there was foul play going on, given Tampa Bay’s gross cap circumvention tactics (followed by Kucherov rubbing it in all of our faces with his “18 million over the cap” t-shirt).   
 

My apologies in advance if Price’s issues are legit and I’ll take ownership of my error in the future.  For now though, I personally believe that we shouldn’t rule out foul play.

Again. Questioning Price here is completely over the line. The guy has always been a class act. He represented himself, his team his community and his country in a manner that should make us all proud.  Cheapening what he’s going through with words like “if his issues are legit” and “foul play” makes you seem small and petty. Do you honestly think Price would allow himself to be a pawn in some weird cap space ploy? You should be ashamed of yourself 

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Do you honestly think Price would allow himself to be a pawn in some weird cap space ploy? 

Yes, I honestly do believe that this is what is happening.  If I am proven to be wrong, I will gladly admit fault. 

 

My sincere apologies to you or anyone else that I am offending right now.  Not my intent.

  • RoughGame 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Patel Bure said:

Yes, I honestly do believe that this is what is happening.  If I am proven to be wrong, I will gladly admit fault. 

 

My sincere apologies to you or anyone else that I am offending right now.  Not my intent.

Wow.  And how would you like to be proven wrong? Price has entered the voluntary player assistance program. Do you think he’s sitting through intense counseling sessions  for at least 30 days just as a favour to Bergevin? Some of the conspiracy theories on this site are hilarious. This one is sad and pathetic and you should feel ashamed for suggesting it 

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Yes, I honestly do believe that this is what is happening.  If I am proven to be wrong, I will gladly admit fault. 

 

My sincere apologies to you or anyone else that I am offending right now.  Not my intent.

Montreal has 12M in cap space with a roster of 23.   With him healthy they would still have over 2M in cap space.  Hoffman is also ready to return which will increase their available cap space as they need to demote someone to open a roster spot.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Montreal has 12M in cap space with a roster of 23.   With him healthy they would still have over 2M in cap space.  Hoffman is also ready to return which will increase their available cap space as they need to demote someone to open a roster spot.

Fair enough.

 

With Price on “LTIR” however, wouldn’t it be possible for Bergevin to bring in someone like Jack Eichel per se?

Edited by Patel Bure
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...