The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Blackhawks - Oct 21st, 2021, 5:30pm PST

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Maybe eventually he has to go. But I think this is way too early to fire a coach. 

Looks bad on the team for firing a coach that early into the season. Reeks of instability and dysfunction. 

you mean 4 games into a new contract is too early? 

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We lose two more games ... i wouldn't at all be surprised if JB plays his last card.   

he played that card when he chose to keep green this last offseason. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It was a bit surprising to see Green use the same lines in practice yesterday. The one lineup change I would make is putting Burroughs in for Schenn. I don’t think Burroughs should have been scratched in the first place, as he was playing well.

Didn't really like Hunt's performance on Tuesday.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

he played that card when he chose to keep green this last offseason. 

Yeah, I think so, at least. 20 games into the season? Okay, might be the right time to fire a coach. 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It says lower body injury;  yet I read sore/tweaked/pulled/dysfunctional  groin

52 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Travis should have said "There are certain standards you MUST reach as a group".

5rbbww.jpg

26 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I'd hate for us to lose to Seattle. 

I agree though, if the boys lose tonight, things are going to be even more tensed in the room. Sometimes players want to win so badly, they take it on themselves, aka Miller. 

I think the one trade chip you have (i know it's early to be talking about trades), is probably JT Miller. He's got two more years left before he becomes a UFA. I don't get the sense that he'll be a Canuck after this contract is done. Might go back to the states to play. If Benning can get a blue-chip RHD prospect/young defenseman in return for Miller, I'd make that deal. And then that'll give the team money to resign Bo (and we absolutely need to have him back; losing your cap is an absolute no go). 

Not opposed to that at all. Especially with Podz now on the roster. Miller's contract gives Podz a bit more time to mature and find his game. 

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

It says lower body injury;  yet I read sore/tweaked/pulled/dysfunctional  groin

Travis should have said "There are certain standards you MUST reach as a group".

5rbbww.jpg

Oh man I actually quoted this the other day, too bad the actual quote is too R-Rated for CDC 

• Upvote 1

If the Canucks have a strong effort in both games and actually come away with 2 wins in Chicago & Seattle, I and a lot of other fans will be singing a very different tune about this road trip & the Canucks start. That’d make them 3-2-0-1 for the trip and that’s not half bad! 

But if the effort is anything resembling the Buffalo game, if the PP & PK continue to sputter, if the team looks at all disinterested or isn’t competing hard enough…oh boy, I could legitimately see a drastic measure, like a coaching change, in the Canucks’ near future. Early yes, but these two games are critical for the Canucks & the team’s psyche

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, I think so, at least. 20 games into the season? Okay, might be the right time to fire a coach. 

I was joking. I don't see canucks making any changes in season. I feel like jim and travis have been given the year with the mandate to make the playoffs. if they miss, they're both out of chances. if they go out in the first round, they both still may go, but it'll likely depend on the team's performance and specific circumstances. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Dowling has been decent enough to stay, but I don't recall Highmore even playing yet this year. 

Well... Highmore was very noticeable in first 2 games.. then kinda tailed off... that's kinda expected right?? 

It'll be a tough decision on whether to send down Dowling or Highmore once Motte is ready to return....

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

A bag skate yesterday. Podzilla out today in favour of AHL fodder. 

Looks like Green is on his last legs.

God help us.

Might be a full bottle game if they play as disinterested as the Buffalo one.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We lose two more games ... i wouldn't at all be surprised if JB plays his last card.   

Does he even have that option?  Looks pretty bad when you go to your boss & tell him you're going to fire a guy you just gave a contract extension (ink on contract is still wet).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan