Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alex Barre-Boulet


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I’m sure there are teams out there who tried to get him last time, but who were behind Seattle. Wonder if we’re one of them?

Seattle was 3rd in the waiver claim priority order.  Only Buffalo and Anaheim were ahead of them.  Vancouver is 9th till 1 November.    

  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Seattle was 3rd in the waiver claim priority order.  Only Buffalo and Anaheim were ahead of them.  Vancouver is 9th till 1 November.    

Normally I’d be confident that ABB would be an upgrade on Dowling. But so far Dowling has been quite solid, while Barre-Boulet has been waived twice. Not sure he’s worth the trouble.

  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d put a claim in if we didn’t last time. He fits the style Benning likes in the Hoglanders, Mottes, Dowlings, Highmores, Petans, etc… but

Barre-Boulet might actually have higher offensive upside than all of them even Hoglander. He’s courageous, creative, slick, and fleet footed. He’s also familiar with Garland, Brisebois, and Highmore from playing against them in the QMJHL. And he’s former teammates with Luke Schenn and Spencer Martin.

 

Hoglander -Pettersson- Boeser

Pearson -Horvat- Garland

Highmore -Miller- Barre-Boulet

Lammikko -Dickinson- Dowling

                                   Chiasson

 

 

Edited by ZH96
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Worth a shot.

 

Don't know if his game will translate to the NHL but it's not like we don't have replaceable guys in our bottom-6 he could bump, at least temporarily.

 

Worst case we just waive him again like Seattle just did.

Totally man... it's not like we have an abundance of offensive guys.. it won't hurt us if we claim him and end up losing Dowling or Highmore

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Seattle's not a great team, a poorly constructed one. I really wonder if any of the players being sent down by Seattle are either not good enough in the NHL, or they just look bad on that team.

Jarnkrok is coming off Covid-protocol so they had to create a roster spot.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ZH96 said:

I’d put a claim in if we didn’t last time. He fits the style Benning likes in the Hoglanders, Mottes, Dowlings, Highmores, Petans, etc… but

Barre-Boulet might actually have higher offensive upside than all of them even Hoglander. He’s courageous, creative, slick, and fleet footed. He’s also familiar with Garland, Brisebois, and Highmore from playing against them in the QMJHL. And he’s former teammates with Luke Schenn and Spencer Martin.

 

Hoglander -Pettersson- Boeser

Pearson -Horvat- Garland

Highmore -Miller- Barre-Boulet

Lammikko -Dickinson- Dowling

                                   Chiasson

 

 

Over Podz?

 

No thanks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another undersized forward who works hard. Benning will be all over this.

 

If it’s to replace Highmore or Dowling I’m good with it. 
 

Would prefer to see us get more size though. Might be better to just keep our waiver position and reclaim Gadjovich.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Another undersized forward who works hard. Benning will be all over this.

 

If it’s to replace Highmore or Dowling I’m good with it. 
 

Would prefer to see us get more size though. Might be better to just keep our waiver position and reclaim Gadjovich.

I believe you don't lose waiver position if you claim some one. But after November 1st waiver position will be based on your current standings. Unless he can kill penalties I highly doubt he would be replace them more like podkolzin would be the odd man out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...