The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Alex Barre-Boulet

7 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

Podkolzin could use some seasoning and confidence building in Abbotsford. He’s not even in the line-up tonight.. He’s waiver free still. Send him down and let him develop 

He’s not an AHL’r in any sense. He’s already developed. He needs the ice time in the big show and opportunities to showcase his talent. 

That’s a bad take on him, over an actual tweener. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

Podkolzin could use some seasoning and confidence building in Abbotsford. He’s not even in the line-up tonight.. He’s waiver free still. Send him down and let him develop 

Pods isn't in the lineup because Coach Ghandi thought Pods showed to much aggression towards others.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

He’s not an AHL’r in any sense. He’s already developed. He needs the ice time in the big show and opportunities to showcase his talent. 

That’s a bad take on him, over an actual tweener. 

I never called him an AHLer. Believe me Podkolzin plays my style of hockey. I think he has MASSIVE upside. But no what he needs is to be developed properly and carefully. We don’t need another Virtanen power forward fail of sitting up in the NHL too long as a raw skilled big body. You said it yourself he needs the ice time and he was not in the line-up tonight. Send him to Abbotsford FOR NOW. He can have his Russian buddy down there in Klimovich.

6 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

I never called him an AHLer. Believe me Podkolzin plays my style of hockey. I think he has MASSIVE upside. But no what he needs is to be developed properly and carefully. We don’t need another Virtanen power forward fail of sitting up in the NHL too long as a raw skilled big body. You said it yourself he needs the ice time and he was not in the line-up tonight. Send him to Abbotsford FOR NOW. He can have his Russian buddy down there in Klimovich.

Disagree. He needs NHL minutes, not AHL minutes. He’s already got a pro game. He’s a leader and more than talented to be in the bigs. The fact that he wasn’t in the lineup tonight is coaching malfeasance. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Disagree. He needs NHL minutes, not AHL minutes. He’s already got a pro game. He’s a leader and more than talented to be in the bigs. The fact that he wasn’t in the lineup tonight is coaching malfeasance. 

One hundred percent this.

Not only should he be in the lineup, he should be given some looks on the power play. He at least tries to make things happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

One hundred percent this.

Not only should he be in the lineup, he should be given some looks on the power play. He at least tries to make things happen.

Couldn’t agree more. He has a shot, is quick, sees the ice, plays well off other skilled guys and can make lemons out of lemonade based on his time in Russia. The kid can play. I’d like to see him play some special team minutes even if his overall ice time is controlled. What a waste of potential thus far over less skilled talent. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Disagree. He needs NHL minutes, not AHL minutes. He’s already got a pro game. He’s a leader and more than talented to be in the bigs. The fact that he wasn’t in the lineup tonight is coaching malfeasance

Contrafibularities on using a clever sounding word, regardless of it's definition. I'm not a massive Green fan, but leaving a rookie out for one game (which they won 4-1 btw) is hardly the biggest black mark.

No harm in claiming ABB, worse case scenario he's shipped out again and might eventually get back to Tampa.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Contrafibularities on using a clever sounding word, regardless of it's definition. I'm not a massive Green fan, but leaving a rookie out for one game (which they won 4-1 btw) is hardly the biggest black mark.

No harm in claiming ABB, worse case scenario he's shipped out again and might eventually get back to Tampa.

Just borrowed a legal expression to express wrongdoing. I think it was wrong to sit Podz. Still do. 

No harm in claiming ABB if Abby needs more bodies. However, the line of discussion was about claiming him and putting him ahead of Podz. Again, wrong. 

13 hours ago, ZH96 said:

No. That kid is going to get it really fast.

13 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Than Green needs to go. As sad as that may be. I really thought/think Green was/is the coach to get the cup for the Canucks

23 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe we'll see something similar down the road with Gadjovich when Kane gets back. He still hasn't gotten into a game. 

SJS is undefeated in their 1st 3 games so far this season.  They probably don't want to mess with their lineup just yet.