The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Oct. 21, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, King Heffy said:

They even have a player I respect now in Dach.  Different times for sure.

I lived near Chicago during that time, believe me, VERY unpleasant being a Canucks fan around those parts. I basically just accused them all of being fairweather fans who only started liking the Hawks once they became good haha

• Haha 1

Just now, whcanuck said:

I lived near Chicago during that time, believe me, VERY unpleasant being a Canucks fan around those parts. I basically just accused them all of being fairweather fans who only started liking the Hawks once they became good haha

I felt bad for the fans who weren't; Bill Wirtz made Melnyk look like Mr. Moneybags in comparison.

Team effort tonight. Despite Boesers goal, our stars looked pretty average again. Lots to still improve on, and it could have been a different story if Demko didn't play excellent again.

Still,  win is a win and hopefully the boys can build on it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Good win. 

OEL is so savvy back there. Looks to be a great pickup. 

Poolman with a huge block with 2 min left. 

Hughes looked really good. 

I'm hoping Petey picks up his play. He's pretty non existent right now. 

Doesn't seem to be playing with much confidence. You can normally count on Petey to beat his guy one on one and then draw another defender while he finds an open teammate but right now, he's just passing the puck and not creating anything. 

Forgot to mention, really liked Miller's game today. He played hard every shift

Same for Dickinson although I normally expect that from him. 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Like 1

That should lift a bit of weight off the guy's shoulders.  Hoping Petey can relax a little and open the floodgates soon.

Had a feeling Brock's energy would translate into a goal.  I thought he played a pretty good defensive game too.  Huggy's starting to show his stuff...he really is a special player and there's no doubt we really miss him when he's out of the line up.

It's also nice having a goaltender I trust in those dying minutes...I know Demko can be spotty, but he doesn't buckle under pressure and that's huge.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Vintage 3