The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alec Baldwin Fires Prop Gun On Set Accidentally Killing Cinematographer

-DLC-

Saw an article this morning about some quasi celebrity couple (she's on one of those "Real Houswives" shows and he's a uber-rich POS) who dressed up as Alec Baldwin and a Hollywood depiction of a Native American woman for Halloween....

When they (quite rightly) were slammed for their lack of anything resembling human decency, Mr Rich F**k whined about how he "didn't mean to offend anyone...except Alec Baldwin"....

https://www.syracuse.com/celebrity-news/2021/11/real-housewives-star-dresses-up-as-alec-baldwin-for-halloween-mocking-fatal-shooting.html

• Upvote 2

On 10/26/2021 at 8:57 AM, nuckin_futz said:

When do people (all people) collectively stand up and reject this type of mean spirited crap? Do we wait until he sends one to the widower and his kid?

I think your nickname applies here... this is effing crazy.

Aside from much of his on-screen work, I am pretty disgusted with Alec Baldwin and the crap he gets away with.  This t-shirt is beyond acceptable, and he doesn't deserve this treatment at all.  I can't even imagine how he would be feeling over the accident.

• Cheers 2

On 11/2/2021 at 1:12 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Saw an article this morning about some quasi celebrity couple (she's on one of those "Real Houswives" shows and he's a uber-rich POS) who dressed up as Alec Baldwin and a Hollywood depiction of a Native American woman for Halloween....

When they (quite rightly) were slammed for their lack of anything resembling human decency, Mr Rich F**k whined about how he "didn't mean to offend anyone...except Alec Baldwin"....

https://www.syracuse.com/celebrity-news/2021/11/real-housewives-star-dresses-up-as-alec-baldwin-for-halloween-mocking-fatal-shooting.html

He worked for Fox News for 20 plus years, being an asshole just comes naturally.

• Cheers 1

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, DonLever said:

In lastest interview, Alec Baldwin says he was "not responsible" for the death of the cinematographer.  

Pretty presumptuous of him  It is not up to him to decide whether he is responsible for the death.

Alec Baldwin says he feels sadness over fatal film set shooting, but not guilt | CBC News

Love Alec Baldwin the actor. But yea that was pretty appalling 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Love Alec Baldwin the actor. But yea that was pretty appalling 

Unless he actually put bullets in the gun, why should he feel guilt?

I mean, he was just doing his job, something he'd done dozens of times before. Why should he accept guilt for someone else's mistake? Why should anyone presume to say that he should?

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

I mean, he was just doing his job, something he'd done dozens of times before. Why should he accept guilt for someone else's mistake? Why should anyone presume to say that he should?

Because he was mean to the orange fat man. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Because he was mean to the orange fat man. 

Sure, that’s funny stuff.  But he should have visually checked the firearm to make 100% sure it was safe.  He should have had others on the set watch over as he’s checking it too, especially anyone he was pointing it at.  Seems like a lot of basic gun safety was not followed here.  

Has Baldwin even taken a firearm safety course?  

48 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Rather than remove the magazine, cycle the action, check the chamber, check for himself the gun was safe. He proceeded to just take the firearm, point it at someone and pull the trigger. To say he should not accept any guilt or blame in this is ridiculous 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

point it at someone and pull the trigger.

Not according to Alec:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/emotional-alec-baldwin-says-didnt-pull-trigger-rust-set-rcna7290

A tearful Alec Baldwin said he "didn't pull the trigger" in the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, whose death rocked Hollywood and raised concerns about weapons on movie sets.

In an interview with ABC News that is scheduled to air Thursday, Baldwin appeared baffled about how the shooting happened.

"Well, the trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger," he said in a clip released Wednesday. "No, no, no, I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them. Never."

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

Not according to Alec:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/emotional-alec-baldwin-says-didnt-pull-trigger-rust-set-rcna7290

A tearful Alec Baldwin said he "didn't pull the trigger" in the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, whose death rocked Hollywood and raised concerns about weapons on movie sets.

In an interview with ABC News that is scheduled to air Thursday, Baldwin appeared baffled about how the shooting happened.

"Well, the trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger," he said in a clip released Wednesday. "No, no, no, I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them. Never."

How did the hammer cock if he didn’t pull the trigger?  He’s responsible.  The family of that victim will get every penny Baldwin has, and more in civil action.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How did the hammer cock if he didn’t pull the trigger?  He’s responsible.  The family of that victim will get every penny Baldwin has, and more in civil action.  

No they won't.

Afaik, Alec obeyed every rule involving weapons on movie sets.

The production may hold liability, but the actor doesn't.

I'd venture that the armorer, on the set carries a wack of insurance for when/if things go wrong; and the whole production is likely highly insured as well.

Look at it this way- if Baldwin was at fault he would already have been charged, and likely out on bail. Guy has more than enough money to go to any non extradition country; so if the authorities were worried about their 'perp' fleeing they would have had a judge yank his passport etc.

14 minutes ago, gurn said:

No they won't.

Afaik, Alec obeyed every rule involving weapons on movie sets.

The production may hold liability, but the actor doesn't.

I'd venture that the armorer, on the set carries a wack of insurance for when/if things go wrong; and the whole production is likely highly insured as well.

Look at it this way- if Baldwin was at fault he would already have been charged, and likely out on bail. Guy has more than enough money to go to any non extradition country; so if the authorities were worried about their 'perp' fleeing they would have had a judge yank his passport etc.

What this does show is the US has a love affair with gun violence.  They are completely messed up and backwards.  They have actors, who clearly know nothing about firearm safety, shooting guns.  Totally stupid.  

Isn't Baldwin producing this movie?  He’s responsible for everything, no?  Civil action against him, and his production company.  It’s going to cost him everything.  

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Not according to Alec:

I don’t believe him 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

I don’t believe him 

I don't think he cares.  :)

No charges, how many days later? 

He may have financial liability from being a producer on this movie, but I figure he's clear from the law enforcement side.

• Cheers 1

If Alex was the boss, maybe he should feel some guilt for the breakdown of procedures on his set.

He didn't want to kill. That I believe. He wasn't the ballistics person and he was told the gun was safe. 

I don't know how the hammer could be back with out the trigger being pulled. Was it a flint lock? I dont know much about guns but I learned about flint lock guns when I had a series of 'games keeper' sprains on my thumbs when I fought in Karate. I think those guns can be cocked before pulling the trigger?

19 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

I don’t believe him 

N one believes him.  He’s an actor.  But really he should listen to his liars (lawyers) and shut the hell up.  He’s nay creating more ammunition for a civil suit.  He’s going to get crucified civilly by that girl he shot family.  I’m saying 50 - 100 million.  

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

If Alex was the boss, maybe he should feel some guilt for the breakdown of procedures on his set.

He didn't want to kill. That I believe. He wasn't the ballistics person and he was told the gun was safe. 

I don't know how the hammer could be back with out the trigger being pulled. Was it a flint lock? I dont know much about guns but I learned about flint lock guns when I had a series of 'games keeper' sprains on my thumbs when I fought in Karate. I think those guns can be cocked before pulling the trigger?

It was a Colt era replica, wasn’t it?  He had to pull the trigger to get the hammer back.  He’s done himself very badly (in the upcoming civil cases) with speaking publicly.  He’s going to lose all his money, his house, and all his wealth.  And well he should.  He still might go to prison.  He will not do well in prison.  

• Cheers 1